ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

A sentence/a part of the sentence is underlined. Four alternatives are given to the underlined part which will improve the sentence. Choose the correct alternative and click the button corresponding to it. In case no improvement is needed, click the button corresponding to 'No improvement'.The new book written by Vikram Seth has become very populous .

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 32 | Tags: ssc cgl tier 1 9 09 2016 shift 3     | ssc cgl tier 1     | ssc cgl     | sentence improvement     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

A sentence/a part of the sentence is underlined. Four alternatives are given to the underlined part which will improve the sentence. Choose the correct alternative and click the button corresponding to it. In case no improvement is needed, click the button corresponding to 'No improvement'.
The new book written by Vikram Seth has become very populous .
1). populist
2). popular
3). populace
4). No improvement

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

0 vote
Answered by on | Votes 0 |
i think option 2 is correct

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (5+5)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. It was her maiden speech on the stage and she performed well .

2. In the following question, the sentence given with blank to be filled in with an appropriate word. Select the correct alternative out of the four and indicate it by selecting the appropriate option.If you are caught using a calculator in the exam then it will be ______________.

3. . Fill in the blank(s) with the correct word(s) I am __________   my weekend with my cousins, so I won't be able to _______  to your brunch.

4. Read each sentence to find out if there is any error in it. The error, if any, will be in one part of the sentence. The number of that part is the answer. If there is no error the answer is e:. (Ignore errors of punctuation, if any).

5. The sentences given with blanks are to be filled with an appropriate word(s). Four alternatives are suggested for each question. For each question, choose the correct alternative and click the button corresponding to it.The clerk asked for my __________.

6. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.The items I liked most (l)/ were the rosewood carvings (2)/ and the teak-wood furnitures of Dutch design (3)/ No error. (4).

7. In the following passage, there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each, five words are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each case.Amid rumours .of the government planning a crackd

8. What is the substitute of - Irresistible craving for alcoholic drinks

9. Read each sentence to find out whether there is any grammatical error in it. The error, if any, will be in one part of the sentence. The number of that part is the answer, if there is no error, the ?Answer is e: i.e., ?No Error?. (Ignore the errors of punctuation, if any).

10. In the following question, two columns are given, containing three phrases each. A phrase from the first column may or may not connect with a phrase from the second column to make a grammatically and contextually correct sentence. There are five options, four of which display the sequence(s) in whic