ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

Which of the following is not a quadratic equation?

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 20 | Tags: ssc     | ssc chsl     | ssc chsl tier 1     | ssc chsl 2016     | ssc chsl 08 02 2017     | algebra     | quantitative aptitude     | Add Bounty

Which of the following is not a quadratic equation?
1). 3x(x + 5) - 11 = 2x(x ­- 2) + 6
2). 4x(x + 3) + 7 = 4x(x ­- 11) + 9
3). x(x + 2) -­15 = x(2x -­ 5) + 11
4). $4x^{2}$ -­ 6x -­ 9 = 0

SSC CGL Books

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

3 vote
Answered by on | Votes 3 |
option 2 is the right one

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (1+2)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. If 2(3x + 5) > 4x -­ 5 < 3x + 2; then x can take which of the following values?

2. the length of two chorda AB and AC of a circle are 8 cm and 6 cm and $\angle BAC$ =$90^{0}$, then the radius of circle is

3. Two equations I and II are given below in each question. You have to solve these equations and give ​answer I. 2x2 + 12x + 16 = 0 II. y2 - 27y + 92 = 0

4. In the following question two equations are given in variables ‘x’ and ‘y’. On the basis of these equations you have to decide the relation between ‘x’ and ‘y’ and give answer. I. √1225 x + √4900 = 0 II. \({\left( {27} \right)^{\frac{1}{3}}}y + {\left( {343} \right)^{\frac{1}{3}}} = 0\)

5. If a + b = 4 and ab = 3, then what is the value of $a^{3}+b^{3}$?

6. If x= $8+2\sqrt{15}$ then what is the value of $\sqrt{x} +\frac{1}{\sqrt{x}}$ ?

7. In each of these question two equations I & II with variables a & b are given You have to solve both the equations to find the values of a & b Mark answer if a) a<b b) $$a\leq b$$ c) relationship between a & b cannot be established d) a>b e) $$a\geq b$$

8. If \(\;X = \frac{{2 + \sqrt 3 }}{{2 - \sqrt 3 }}\) then what is the value of \(X + \frac{1}{X}\)

9. In the following question two equations are given. You have to solve these equations and determine relation between x and y. I. 2x2 + 7x – 15 = 0 II. y2 + 3y – 10 = 0

10. The difference between the ages of two sisters is 2 years when father’s age was 52. Father is elder by 2 years to mother. Elder sister’s age is half of mother’s age. Find the age of younger sister?