ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

What is the synonym of word .Dearth

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 27 | Tags: english     | synonyms     | english comprehension     | ssc     | Add Bounty

In this question, out of the four alternatives, choose the one which best expresses the meaning of the word given
Dearth
1). scarcity
2). familiarity
3). closeness
4). relation

SSC CGL Books

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

1 vote
Answered by on | Votes 1 |
option 1 : seems correct

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (3+5)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. What is the Indirect/Direct form of - She said, "Girls are usually more sincere than boys."

2. In each question below a sentence with four words printed in bold type is given These are numbered as 1),2),3),4) One of these four words printed in bold may be either wrongly spelt or inappropriate in the context of the sentence. Find out the word which is wrongly spelt or inappropriate if any. The number of that words is your answer if all the words printed in bold are correctly spelt and also appropriate in the context of the sentence mark 5)i.e.All correct? as your answer.

3. In the following question, a sentence has been given in Active/Passive voice. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Passive/Active voice. Does she like English literature?

4. In the following question, an idiomatic expression or a proverb is highlighted. Select the alternative which best describes its use in the sentence. I took a back seat when I saw my friend had turned a maniac.

5. In the question given below, there are five statements marked A-E. All the statements except one belong to the same context. Find the odd one out and mark the correct answer from the given options. A. The Nalgonda police on Tuesday presented before the media seven persons who were ar

6. Choose the alternative which is opposite in meaning to the given word REFUSE

7. Improve the bracketed part of the sentence. The student of human history can draw on many more natural experiments (than) just comparisons among the five inhabited continents.

8. 1. My friend suggested P. my future plans Q. to succeed R. well in advance S.that I must chalk out6. in my life,

9. In this question, a part of the sentence is given in bold. Below are given alternatives to the bold part at 1, 2 and 3 which may improve the sentence.Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed your answer is (4).When are you starting to write to your friend?

10. Improve the bracketed part of the sentence.After today's terrible test I am sure that my teacher's opinion (about) me will change for the worse.