ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

Rearrange the following six sentence / group of sentence (1), (2), (3), (4), (5) and (6) in the proper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph; then answer the question given below them.(1) The merchant greedily counted his gold and said ?The purse I dropped had 200 pieces of gold in it. You've alre

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 25 | Tags: sbi     | sbi clerk     | sbi associate clerk 2011     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

Rearrange the following six sentence / group of sentence (1), (2), (3), (4), (5) and (6) in the proper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph; then answer the question given below them.
(1) The merchant greedily counted his gold and said ?The purse I dropped had 200 pieces of gold in it. You've already stolen more than the reward ! I Go away or I will tell the police?.
(2) The judge, looking towards the merchant said, ?you stated that the purse you lost contained 200 pieces of gold. Well ,that's a considerable cost. But the purse this beggar found had only 100 pieces of gold?.
(3) Being an honest man, the beggar came forward and handed the purse to the merchant saying , ?Here is your purse . May I have my reward now??
(4) ?This purse therefore cannot be the one who finds my leather purse??
(5) A beggar found a leather purse that someone had dropped in the marketplace. On opening it, he discovered that it contain 100 pieces of gold. Then he heared a merchant shout, ?A Reward ! A reward to the one who finds my leather purse?.
(6) ?I am an honest man,? said the beggar defiantly. ?let us take this matter to the court. The judge patiently listened to both sides of the story.

Which of the following should be the FOURTH sentence after the rerrangment ?
1). 4
2). 6
3). 2
4). 5

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

2 answers

0 vote
Answered by on | Votes 0 |
Solution

The para after reaarangement should read as:

(Here, the sentence number in question has been left unchanged for ease of understanding.)

(5) A beggar found a leather purse that someone had dropped in the marketplace. On opening it, he discovered that it contain 100 pieces of gold. Then he heared a merchant shout, “A Reward ! A reward to the one who finds my leather purse”. (A character of beggar, merchant is introduced along with event of beggar having found a purse. Hence, this is the first sentence.)

(3) Being an honest man, the beggar came forward and handed the purse to the merchant saying , “Here is your purse . May I have my reward now?” (This will logically be the next sentence as now beggar will give the purse to merchant as merchant has lost the purse which he has found.)

(1) The merchant greedily counted his gold and said “The purse I dropped had 200 pieces of gold in it. You've already stolen more than the reward ! I Go away or I will tell the police”.(The natural thing for merchant to do is count whether the money is intact or not and hence this forms the third sentence)

(6) “I am an honest man,” said the beggar defiantly. “let us take this matter to the court. The judge patiently listened to both sides of the story.(Beggar having been wrongfully accused of theft will want this matter to be settled in court so that he gets justice.)

(2) The judge, looking towards the merchant said, “you stated that the purse you lost contained 200 pieces of gold. Well ,that's a considerable cost. But the purse this beggar found had only 100 pieces of gold”.(The character of judge will now enter the storyline.)

(4) “This purse therefore cannot be the one you lost”? (This is the last sentence as all others have been arranged to for the para.)

Hence, the correct option is B.

Join Telegram Group

1 vote
Answered by on | Votes 1 |
Solution

The para after reaarangement should read as:

(Here, the sentence number in question has been left unchanged for ease of understanding.)

(5) A beggar found a leather purse that someone had dropped in the marketplace. On opening it, he discovered that it contain 100 pieces of gold. Then he heared a merchant shout, “A Reward ! A reward to the one who finds my leather purse”. (A character of beggar, merchant is introduced along with event of beggar having found a purse. Hence, this is the first sentence.)

(3) Being an honest man, the beggar came forward and handed the purse to the merchant saying , “Here is your purse . May I have my reward now?” (This will logically be the next sentence as now beggar will give the purse to merchant as merchant has lost the purse which he has found.)

(1) The merchant greedily counted his gold and said “The purse I dropped had 200 pieces of gold in it. You've already stolen more than the reward ! I Go away or I will tell the police”.(The natural thing for merchant to do is count whether the money is intact or not and hence this forms the third sentence)

(6) “I am an honest man,” said the beggar defiantly. “let us take this matter to the court. The judge patiently listened to both sides of the story.(Beggar having been wrongfully accused of theft will want this matter to be settled in court so that he gets justice.)

(2) The judge, looking towards the merchant said, “you stated that the purse you lost contained 200 pieces of gold. Well ,that's a considerable cost. But the purse this beggar found had only 100 pieces of gold”.(The character of judge will now enter the storyline.)

(4) “This purse therefore cannot be the one you lost”? (This is the last sentence as all others have been arranged to for the para.)

Hence, the correct option is B.

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (3+4)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Out of the four alternatives, choose the one which can be substituted for the given words/sentences and click the button corresponding to it.A brief or short stay at a place

2. In the following question, one part of the sentence may have an error. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and click the option corresponding to it. If the sentence is free from error, click the 'No error' option. Afghanistan has become (A)/ 164th member of (B)/ the World Trade Organisation (WTO). (C)/ No error (D)

3. FLAIR

4. Arrange the given words in the sequence in which they occur in the dictionary. 1. Securitize 2. Dissection 3. Prosecutor 4. Cheesecake

5. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.Be sides th e incre asing complex ity and behaviour of intelligent software, (A)/ which is usually e mbe d (B)/ in the academic digita l mat e rial, th e ne e d for h uman in teractio n in the learnin g process will always be present. (C)/ No error (D)

6. Read the passage given below and then answer the questions given below the passage. The United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) has a long and distinguished history of calling a spade a shovel. Its Trade and Development Report for this year, provocatively sub-titled&nb

7. What is the active/passive of - We will know the outcome of this experiments after six months.

8. Select the phrase/connector which can be used to frame a single sentence from the given two sentences without changing the meaning. Sharansh seems to be quite intelligent. He gets poor grades at times. I.  Despite Sharansh seeming II. Besides III. Sharansh gets poor

9. In each question below a sentence with four words printed in bold type is given These are numbered as 1),2),3),4) One of these four words printed in bold may be either wrongly spelt or inappropriate in the context of the sentence Find out the word which is wrongly spelt or inappropriate if any.The number of that words is your answer if all the words printed in bold are correctly spelt and also appropriate in the context of the sentence mark 5)i.e.All correct? as your answer.

10. In the following question, out of the four alternatives , choose the one which best expresses the meaning of the given word . GIGANTIC