ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

Rearrange the following six sentences (A), (B), (C), (D), (E) and (F) in the proper sequence so as to form a meaningful paragraph, and then answer the questions given below :(A) Competitiveness is being restored. Greece has enjoyed a bumper tourist season. This year should see the first GDP growth a

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 20 | Tags: ibps     | ibps rrb     | ibps rrb clerk 6th sep 2014     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

Rearrange the following six sentences (A), (B), (C), (D), (E) and (F) in the proper sequence so as to form a meaningful paragraph, and then answer the questions given below :

(A) Competitiveness is being restored. Greece has enjoyed a bumper tourist season. This year should see the first GDP growth after six years of recession.
(B) Yields on ten-year bonds have fallen below 8%, from a peak of well over 40% at the height of the Grexit panic. The government plans to issue fresh debt later this year. Some foreign investors are testing the waters of the Aegean.
(C) As Greece assumed the half-yearly rotating presidency of the European Union this month, EU dignitaries came to Athens this week to praise it, not to bury it.
(D) Once-exasperated German officials now hail the Greek prime minister, Antonia Samara's, as the savior of his country-and, indeed, of the euro.
(E) Greece starts 2014 with an unaccustomed run of good news. Not long ago the country was in a death spiral of missed fiscal targets, panicked markets and threats to force it out of the euro.
(F) Ahead of schedule, Greece has closed its scary deficit and moved into primary budget surplus (i.e, before interest payments).

Which of the following should be the LAST sentence after rearrangement?
1). A
2). B
3). C
4). D

IBPS Books

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

1 vote
Answered by on | Votes 1 |
I think C is right

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (5+1)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In the following question, a sentence has been given in Active/Passive voice. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Passive/Active voice.   My daughter read the entire novel in one day.

2. Read each sentence to find out whether there is any grammatical error or idiomatic error in it. The error, if any, will be in one part of the sentence. The number of that part is the answer. If there is no error, the answer is e:. (ignore errors of punctuation, if any.)

3. What is the correct alternative of - I am the secretary of the sports club since its formation five years ago.

4. What is the correct alternative of - One should be parti cular when he is crossing a busy lane.

5. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.He walks (1)/ as if the earth (2)/ belonged to him. (3)/ No error (4).

6. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the Idiom/ Phrase. Up the ante

7. Find out the misspelt word

8. Improve the bracketed part of the sentence.There is no more (accommodation) for you in this bus.

9. In the following question, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct speech. The groom said to the bride, "I will take good care of you."

10. Below a passage is given with ten blanks labelled (A)-(J). Below the passage, five options are given for each blank. Choose the word that fits each blank most appropriately in the context of the passage, and mark the corresponding answer. Mahathir Mohamad, who __(A)__ off a stunning general el