ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

Directions : In the following passage, there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each, five words are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appr

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 38 | Tags: ibps     | ibps po     | ibps po 2011     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

Directions : In the following passage, there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each, five words are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each case. As the country embarks on planning (221) the 12th Plan (2012-17) period, a key question mark (222) hangs over the process is on the energy requirements. Growth is energy-hungry and the aspirations of growing at 9-10% will (223) huge demands on the energy resources of the country. In this energy jigsaw, renewable energy will (224) like never before in the 12th Plan and the (225). By the rule of the thumb, India will (226) about 100 gigawatts (Gw)-100,000 megawatts of capacity addition in the next five years. Encouraging trends on energy efficiency and sustained (227) by some parts of the government?the Bureau of Energy Efficiency, in particular, needs to be complimented for this-have led to substantially lesser energy intensity of economic growth. However, even the tempered demand numbers are (228) to be below 80Gw. As against this need, the coal supply from domestic sources is unlikely to support more than 25 Gw equivalent capacity. Imported coal can add some more, but at a much (229) cost. Gas-based electricity generation is unlikely to contribute anything substantial in view of the unprecedented gas supply challenges. Nuclear will be (230) in the foreseeable future. Among imported coal, gas, large hydro and nuclear, no more than 15-20Gw equivalent can be (231) to be added in the five-year time block. (232) (233) this, capacity addition in the renewable energy based power generation as touched about 3Gw a year. In the coming five years, the overall capacity addition in the electricity grid (234) renewable energy is likely to range between 20Gw and 25Gw. Additionally, over and above the grid-based capacity, off-grid electricity applications are reaching remote places and (235) lives where grid-based electricity supply has miserably failed.
1). likewise
2). publicity
3). next
4). after

IBPS Books

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

2 vote
Answered by on | Votes 2 |
Solution

and the "next" is the correct option to be used in the situation. The other options are not appropriate in the given context. Hence the answer is (C).

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (3+3)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In this question, a part of the sentence is given in bold. Below are given alternatives to the bold part at 1, 2 and 3 which may improve the sentence.Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed your answer is (4).The saint said that men are mortal.

2. Select the word with the correct spelling.

3. What is the substitute of - Dry weather with no rainfall

4. What is the antonym or opposite of word PRUDENT

5. In the following question, one or more part/s of the sentence may have an error. Find out which part/s of the sentence has/have the error/s and click the option corresponding to it/them. If the sentence is free from error, click the 'No error' option.  When Madhu met me (A)/ accidentally at the salon, (B)/ she said to me that she was (C) too glad to meet me. (D)

6. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.I bought (1)/ two (2)/ slippers. (3)/ No error. (4).

7. the following questions, you have a brief passage with some questions following the passage. Read the passage carefully and choose the best answer to each question out of the four alternatives. Every society must develop in its people a social responsibility. This is something that we, in India,

8. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.He asked me (A)/ if I am ill (B)/ and I answered that I was not. (C)/ No error (D)

9. In the following sentence, a part of the sentence is underlined. Below are given alternatives to the underlined part, which may improve the sentence. Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed, choose the option ‘No improvement’. Foreign investors had been pumped i

10. What is the substitute of - One who criticises popular beliefs which he thinks is mistaken or unwise