ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

Which of the phrase given against the sentence should replace the word/phrase given in bold in sentence to make it grammatically correct? If the sentence is given as it is given and no correction is required, mark ?No correction required? as the answer.

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 25 | Tags: ibps     | ibps clerk     | ibps clerk 2014     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

Which of the phrase given against the sentence should replace the word/phrase given in bold in sentence to make it grammatically correct? If the sentence is given as it is given and no correction is required, mark ?No correction required? as the answer.

The trend of wearing boots in something that has most sure come around this season.
1). most surely
2). caught fancity
3). catching fancy
4). catch fancy

IBPS Books

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

1 vote
Answered by on | Votes 1 |
Solution

Here, the correct usage would be to use the adverb form of the verb 'sure'.
The gramatically correct sentence would read as:
The trend of wearing boots in something that has most surely come around this season.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (3+4)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In each question below is given a statement followed by two assumptions numbered I and II An assumption is something supposed or taken for granted You have to consider the statement and the following assumptions is implicit in the statement.Give answer (a)if only assumption I is implicitGive answer (b)if only assumption II is implicit Give answer (c)if either I or II is implicit Give answer (d)if neither I nor II is implicit Give answer (e)if both I and II are implicit

2. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.If you had told me (l) I would have helped you (2)/ solve the problem. (3)/ No error (4).

3. Rearrange the following six sentence (A)(B)(C),(D)(E) and (F) in the proper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph then answer the question given below (A)The contractor was sorry to see his good worker go and asked if he could build just one more house as a personal favour (B)It was an unfortunate

4. Read each sentence to find out whether there is any grammatical error in it. The error if any will be in one part of the sentence, the number of that part will be the answer. If there is No error, the answer is e:. I.e. ?no error?. (Ignore the errors of punctuation, if any.)

5. In the following question, some part of the sentence may have errors. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and select the appropriate option. If a sentence is free from error, select 'No Error'. I till have (A)/ a few coins (B)/ left with me. (C) No error (D)

6. Find out the misspelt word

7. Fill in the blank(s) with the correct word(s). The news of the P.V. Sindhu's victory brought _______ on the faces of Indians.

8. In this question, a part of the sentence is given in bold. Below are given alternatives to the bold part at 1, 2 and 3 which may improve the sentence.Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed your answer is (4).He denied that he had not forged my signature.

9. Many a slip between the cup and the lip

10. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the Idiom/ Phrase. Into thin air