ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following passage there are blanks each of which has been numbered: These numbers are printed below the passage and against each five words/phrases are suggested one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each case:I used to look (1) to the holidays. I was usu

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 28 | Tags: sbi     | sbi clerk     | sbi clerk 2008     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

In the following passage there are blanks each of which has been numbered: These numbers are printed below the passage and against each five words/phrases are suggested one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each case:

I used to look (1) to the holidays. I was usually (2) to my uncle?s house where I (3) his children. I did not get paid a salary for (4) . What I received in return however, was far more (5) . My uncle was an avid reader. During the time I spent with his family I had an (6) to read the vast amount of books and magazines that he possessed: This improved my English to some (7) . Reading become my new (8) ? (9) spending my pocket money on a ticket to the cinema I began to (10) books. This has benefited me greatly.

(8)
1). activity
2). hope
3). hobby
4). duty

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

1 vote
Answered by on | Votes 1 |
I think option 3 is the right answer

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (1+4)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. What is the synonym of word .cancel

2. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, choose the word which best expresses the meaning of the given word and click the button corresponding to it.CONSTRAIN

3. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.This novel (1)/ of Sheldon is more interesting (2)/ than any other novel. (3)/ No error.(4).

4. A passage is given with 5 questions following it. Read the passage carefully and choose the best answer to each question out of the four alternatives. The instructor's rules were simple. Breathe through your mouth, not your nose; else the mask will fog up. Easier said than done; I got it wrong many

5. Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions given.Do you ever feel there?s is a greater being inside of you bursting to get out? It is the voice that encourages you to really make something of your life. When you act congruently with that voice, it?s like your are a whole new perso

6. A passage is given with 5 questions following it. Read the passage carefully and choose the best answer to each question out of the four alternatives and click the button corresponding to it.A guest speaker was addressing the faculty and the students in the college auditorium. I had joined the facul

7. Read each sentence to find out whether there is any grammatical mistake/error in it. The error if any, will be in one part of the sentence. Mark the number of the part with error as your answer. If there is no error, mark e:.

8. Read the following passage and answer the questions given below it. Certain words/phrases are given in bold to help you locate them while answering some of the questions.In a disarmingly frank talk at the Indian Merchants Chamber in Mumbai the Japanese Ambassador in India dwelt at length wise issues

9. Wild goose chase

10. Read the passage and answer the questions. Domestic crude oil production fell for the fourth straight year in 2015-16, even as oil consumption rocketed 11%, pushing up India's import dependence. A collapse in oil prices coupled with a rapid economic growth has helped push up oil consumption at