ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In each of the following questions are given four statements followed by five conclusions given as five alternative choices. You have to assume every thing in the statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance from commonly known facts and then decide which of the given conclusions does not logically follows from the information given in the statements disregarding commonly known facts. The conclusion which does not follow is your answer.

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 22 | Tags: ibps     | ibps po     | ibps po 2014     | statement and conclusions     | reasoning     | Add Bounty

In each of the following questions are given four statements followed by five conclusions given as five alternative choices. You have to assume every thing in the statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance from commonly known facts and then decide which of the given conclusions does not logically follows from the information given in the statements disregarding commonly known facts. The conclusion which does not follow is your answer.

Statements :
The outbreak of the food-borne illness is causing serious problem in day-to-day
lifestyle. Many doctors advise people to reduce the consumption of fast food. It will
lower down the health problem to a certain extent. (A). According to a survey about
the health issues, people should improve the quality of food. Busy lifestyle and increase in the consumption of fast food is causing mouthful of diseases.
(B). Synthetic fertilizers and pesticides used in vegetables and fruits are equally harmful for consumption.

Which of the two statements mentioned above would weaken the argument given in the paragraph ?
1). Only (A)
2). Only (B)
3). Either (A) or (B)
4). Neither (A) nor (B)

IBPS Books

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

2 vote
Answered by on | Votes 2 |
Only (B) : - option 2

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (1+2)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In the following questions, the symbols @, ?, %, * and $ are used with the following meanings illustrated.?P % Q? means `P is either greater than or equal to Q?.`P ? Q? means `P is neither greater that nor smaller than Q?.?P $ Q? means ?P is smaller than Q?.?P@ Q? means ?P is either smaller than or

2. In the following question, two statements are given each followed by two conclusions I and II. You have to consider the statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance from commonly known facts. You have to decide which of the given conclusions, if any, follows from the given statements.Statements:(I) Disney has launched 'Hour of Code' campaign in India for teaching computer programming to school children.(II) Children watch cartoon for their entertainment and learning.Conclusions: (I) Children can connect well through specific cartoon characters.(II) The mass campaign of learning to school kids can be effective only though making it interesting.

3. In these questions, relationship between different elements is shown in the statements. The statements are followed by two conclusions.Give answera: if only Conclusion I is true.Give answer b: if only Conclusion H is true.Give answer c: if either Conclusion I or II is true.Give answer d: if neither Conclusion I nor II is true.Give answer e: if both Conclusions I and II are true.

4. In each of the question below are given three statements followed by two conclusion numbered I and II. You have to take the given statements to be true even if they seem to at variance from commonly known facts and then decide which of given conclusion logically follows from the statements disregar

5. In these questions, relationship between different elements is shown in the statements. These statements are followed by two conclusions. Read them carefully and mark the appropriate answer.Give answer :a: If either conclusion I or II followsb: If neither conclusion I nor II followsc: If only conclusion II followsd: If both conclusions I and II followe: If only conclusion I follows

6. In the following question, two statements are given each followed by two conclusions I and II. You have to consider the statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance from commonly known facts. You have to decide which of the given conclusions, if any, follows from the given statements.Statement:(I) The water pollutants are rising slowly and spoiling the sanctity of water.(II) Main cause of water pollution is industrialization and lack of sustainable approach towards environment.Conclusions:(I) Industries are mixing all the left-over slurries into the water body nearby causing immense pollution.(II) Future generations are need to be thought about before getting involved in pollution causing activities.

7. In each question below are two or three statements followed by two conclusions numbered I and II. You have to take the two given statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance from commonly known facts and then decide which of the given conclusions logically follows from the given stateme

8. In the following question, two statements are given each followed by two conclusions I and II. You have to consider the statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance from commonly known facts. You have to decide which of the given conclusions, if any, follows from the given statements.Statement:(I) All young scientists are open-minded.(II) No open-minded men are superstitious.Conclusions:(I) No scientist is superstitious.(II) No young people are superstitious.

9. In the following questions, the symbols * $ ? ? and % are used with the following meaning as illustrated below:?A ? B? means ?A is neither greater than nor equal to B?.?A % B? means ?A is neither smaller than nor greater than B?.?A * B? means ?A is not greater than B?.?A $ B? means ?A is greater tha

10. In the following questions the symbols $$\delta,$$ @, ? , % and $$\bigstar$$ are used with the following meaning as illustrated below: ?P ? Q? means ?P is not smaller than Q?. ?P % Q? means ?P is neither smaller than nor equal to Q? ?P$$\bigstar$$ Q? means ?P is neither greater than nor equal to