ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

Which of the following phrases (I), (II), and (III) given below each sentence should replace the phrase printed in bold letters to make the sentence grammatically correct? Choose the best option among the five given alternatives that reflect the correct use of phrase in the context of the grammatically correct sentence. If the sentence is correct as it is, mark (e) i.e., ?No correction required? as the answer.

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 23 | Tags: ibps     | ibps po     | ibps po 2017     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

Which of the following phrases (I), (II), and (III) given below each sentence should replace the phrase printed in bold letters to make the sentence grammatically correct? Choose the best option among the five given alternatives that reflect the correct use of phrase in the context of the grammatically correct sentence. If the sentence is correct as it is, mark (e) i.e., ?No correction required? as the answer.

The magnificent civilization of Atlantis was shattered and plunged beneath the sea in February 1882.
I. was destroyed and dumped
II. shattered and plunged
III. had been shattered and dumped
1). Only I is correct
2). Only II is correct
3). Only I and III are correct
4). Both I and II are correct

IBPS Books

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

2 answers

3 vote
Answered by on | Votes 3 |
Solution

I conveys the meaning that the civilization was destroyed by some person. This is wrong because civilization cannot be destroyed by some person. III also conveys a similar meaning and hence it is wrong. II is correct. Thus, option B is the correct answer.

Join Telegram Group

1 vote
Answered by on | Votes 1 |
Solution

I conveys the meaning that the civilization was destroyed by some person. This is wrong because civilization cannot be destroyed by some person. III also conveys a similar meaning and hence it is wrong. II is correct. Thus, option B is the correct answer.

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (4+4)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In each question given below a sentence is given and is divided into three parts I, II and III. For each part a correct statement is also given. You have to determine what requires correct and mark it as your answer.  Thirteenth Finance Commission made significance steps/ to carry forward dece

2. Select the antonym of to actuate

3. Read the following passage to answer the given question based on it. Some words/phrases are printed in bold to help you locate them while answering some of the questions.Organized retail has ?fuelled? new growth categories like liquid hand wash, breakfast cereals and pet foods in the consumer goods

4. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which will improve the bracketed part of the sentence. In case no improvement is needed, select “no improvement”. Tunnels (is built) to connect houses and places of worship whereas innovative trick doors were attached to the underground cities.

5. Improve the bracketed part of the sentence When most of our neighbours (are at work), and the rest are asleep, a carriage and pair stopped before the red building.

6. Improve the bracketed part of the sentence. She did not like to have coffee (nor I did).

7. In each of these questions two sentence I and II are given Each sentence has blank in it Five words a:,b:,c:,d: and e: are suggested Out of these only one fits at both the places in the context of each sentence Number of that word is the answer.

8. In the following question, a sentence has been given in Active/Passive voice. Out of four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Passive/Active voice. One should keep one's word.

9. A sentence/a part of the sentence is underlined. Four alternatives are given to the underlined part which will improve the sentence. Choose the correct alternative and click the button corresponding to it. In case no improvement is needed, click the button corresponding to 'No improvement'.There are a good many tigers in this forest.

10. Improve the bracketed part of the sentence.Rohan was upset and so (picked up) his food while his cousins ate heartily.