ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

Improve the bracketed part of the sentence. She did not like to have coffee (nor I did).

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 27 | Tags: phrase replacement grammar     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

Improve the bracketed part of the sentence.

She did not like to have coffee (nor I did).

1). neither I liked it
2). nor did I
3). nor I like it
4). No improvement

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

2 vote
Answered by on | Votes 2 |

Correct Answer: nor did I

The phrase 'nor I did' is grammatically incorrect and therefore needs improvement. As per going by rule, whenever nor is used after a negative clause, we invert the subject and the verb after nor. Therefore the correct answer is 'nor did I', making option 2 the right answer.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (1+5)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. What is the substitute of - To throw or drop unnecessary goods or fuel from a ship, an aircraft a spacecraft etc.

2. In this question, a part of the sentence is given in bold. Below are given alternatives to the bold part at 1, 2 and 3 which may improve the sentence.Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed your answer is (4).Quite the most remarkable article we ever remember to have read.

3. In the following question, some part of the sentence may have errors. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and select the appropriate option. If a sentence is free from error, select 'No Error'.During the class(A)/the teacher request to(B)/the students to have patience.(C)/No error(D)

4. The question below consists of a set of labelled sentences. These sentences, when properly sequenced form a coherent paragraph. Select the most logical order of sentences from among the options. P: We may see alcohol and tobacco advertisements everywhere, on television, in newspaper, on street ad

5. Read the given passage carefully and answer the questions given below. Billionaire investor Warren Buffett, known for his negative attitude towards crypto-currencies, has been targeted in a bitcoin advocacy campaign lead by one of the largest cloud mining companies. Genesis Mining has recently post

6. In the following question, some part of the sentence may have errors. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and select the appropriate option. If a sentence is free from error, select 'No Error' . He had a very kind (A)/ and gentleness sister who served (B)/ the poor kids of the village. (C) No error (D)

7. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the Idiom/ Phrase. Hear it on the grapevine

8. Directions : The following questions consist of a single sentence with one blank only. You are given six words as answer choices and from the six choices you have to pick up two correct answers, either of which will make the sentence meaningfully complete.

9. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which is the best substitute of the phrase. Leaving no doubt

10. In the following question, one part of the sentence may have an error. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and click the button corresponding to it. If the sentence is free from error, click the "No error" option. A teacher was helping (A)/ her third-grade students (B)/ with a math problem. (C)/ No error (D)