ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

What is the correct alternative of - I retained this boy at the strength of his honesty.

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 559 | Tags: english     | sentence correction     | english comprehension     | ssc     | Add Bounty

What is the correct alternative of bold part - I retained this boy at the strength of his honesty.
1). on the strength of his honesty.
2). at the strength of my honesty.
3). at the strength for his honesty.
4). No improvement

SSC CGL Books

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

-1 vote
Answered by on | Votes -1 |
option 1 is the answer

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (4+2)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. A sentence/a part of the sentence is underlined. Four alternatives are given to the underlined part which will improve the sentence. Choose the correct alternative and click the button corresponding to it. In case no improvement is needed, click the button corresponding to "No improvement".Electricity has modernized the march of modern events.

2. A passage is given with 5 questions following it. Read the passage carefully and choose the best answer to each question out of the four alternatives and click the button corresponding to it.Of the many changes that have taken place thanks to liberalisation, a major one is that today's youngsters ar

3. Out of four alternatives, choose the one which can be substituted for the given words/sentences. A person who derives pleasure from inflicting pain on others.

4. .............. politicians are always respected.

5. What is the Indirect/Direct form of - "Do you know the woman you are talking about" Hari said to his wife.

6. In the following s, one part of the sentence may have an error. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and click the button corresponding to it. If the sentence is free from error, click the 'No error' option.I succeeded persuading him (A) / to come with me (B) / only after hours of argument (C) / No Error (D)

7. Read the sentence to find out whether there is any error in it or not. The error, if any will be in TWO parts of the sentence. The number of that part is the answer. If there is no error, the answer is (5). Ignore errors of punctuation if any. The assumptions made (A)/ about the economy's (B)/ rate growth proved (C)/ to incorrect. (D) 

8. The population of our country is increasing by leaps and bounds .

9. In the following question, some part of the sentence may have errors. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and select the appropriate option. If a sentence is free from error, select ‘No Error’. When one stops being optimistic, believes that he (1)/ is worthless, and stops hoping for a better future, (2)/ it is only then that the moment of actual failure happened. (3)/ No error (4)

10. In the following question, the sentence given with blank to be filled in with an appropriate word. Select the correct alternative out of the four and indicate it by selecting the appropriate option. _____ you work hard, you cannot succeed.