ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

Choose the part of the sentence that contains a grammatical error. Choose option 5 if the sentence is grammatically correct as it is. Ignore errors in punctuation.

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 24 | Tags: ibps     | ibps clerk     | ibps clerk 2015     | spotting errors     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

Choose the part of the sentence that contains a grammatical error. Choose option 5 if the sentence is grammatically correct as it is. Ignore errors in punctuation.

When I met her (1) / at the engagement, (2) / I asked her not to (3) / dwell over her past. (4) / No Error (5)
1). 1
2). 2
3). 3
4). 4

IBPS Books

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

0 vote
Answered by on | Votes 0 |
Solution

The correct preposition to use is “on” after “dwell”. Hence, the sentence should have been “When I met her at the engagement, I asked her not to dwell on her past”.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (3+2)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Rearrange the following five sentences/ group of (A), (B). (C), (D) and (E), in the proper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph; then answer the questions given below them.(A) The owner of the house was furious.(B) After it had gone, a donkey who craved popularity climbed the roof and tried to pe

2. In the following question, out of the given four alternatives, select the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the Idiom/Phrase. Pay lip service

3. In this question, a part of the sentence is given in bold. Below are given alternatives to the bold part at 1, 2 and 3 which may improve the sentence.Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed your answer is (4).He took disadvantage of the situation and cheated many people.

4. A passage is given with 5 questions following it. Read the passage carefully and choose the best answer to each Ants have been living on the earth for more than 100 million years and can be found almost anywhere on the planet. It is estimated that there are about 20000 different species of ants. For

5. What is the Indirect/Direct form of - " Do as you wish , but don' t come and ask me for help if you get into difficulties."

6. In the following passage, some of the words have been left out. Read the passage carefully and select the correct answer for the given blank out of the four alternatives. Of the three activities of thought, word and deed, perhaps thought is the most ______ and powerful force, for it is the ______

7. Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions given below it. Certain words/phrases have been printed in bold to help you locate them while answering some of the questions. Once upon a time there lived a stone cutter in a small village. He worked hard throughout the day, preparing th

8. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.

(A) Although he is my bosom friend, /(B) I cannot ask him for /(C) money without any /(D) vividly reason./(E) No Error.

9. Find out the misspelt word

10. She is a fair-weather friend .