ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

21 vote

What is the correct alternative of - He had scarcely set foot on the road than he was knocked down by a car.

Asked on by | Votes 21 | Views: 407 | Tags: english     | sentence correction     | english comprehension     | ssc     | Add Bounty

What is the correct alternative of bold part - He had scarcely set foot on the road than he was knocked down by a car.
1). He had scarcely set foot on the road than he knocked down by a car.
2). He had scarcely set foot on the road when he was knocked down by a car.
3). He scarcely set foot on the road then he was knocked down by a car.
4). No improvement

SSC CGL Books

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

2 answers

26 vote
Answered by on | Votes 26 |
He had scarcely set foot on the road when he was knocked down by a car. : option 2 is the correct answer

Join Telegram Group

35 vote
Answered by on | Votes 35 |
He had scarcely set foot on road when he was knocked down.

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (3+5)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. A passage is given with 5 questions following it. Read the passage carefully and choose the best answer to each question out of the four alternatives. But before I could be inspired by these amazing people, I had to cleanse my feed. I know my weaknesses: just last week, Facebook memories reminded m

2. In the question given below, a sentence is given and is divided into three parts I, II and III. For each part a correction statement is also given. You have to determine which part requires correction and mark it as your answer. Women continue to carry / the main burden of agricultural work / but

3. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the idiom/phrase. .On tenterhooks

4. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.The various consequences of(1)/ the decision taken by the (2)/ finance ministry was not foreseen by the bureaucrats. (3)/ No error (4)

5. In the following passage, there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. The numbers are printed below the passage and against each five words are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each case.  Economic theory provides a uniq

6. What is the Indirect/Direct form of - The queen said to her son , " You must go to the forest and remain there till your father calls you back."

7. Fill in the blank(s) with the correct word(s). The European economy is _______ as its energy and manufacturing sectors are doing well.

8. In the given question, a sentence is divided into five parts out of which the last part is correct. Out of the remaining four, there is an error in one part. Choose the part which doesn’t have an error. If all the four parts are correct, mark E i.e. All are correct as the answer. The Indian Space Research Organisation (A)/ (ISRO) and its French counterpart (B)/ Centre National D'Etudes Spatiales (C)/ (CNES) is set to (D)/ collaborate on missions to Mars and Venus. (E)

9. Read the sentence to find out whether there is any error in it or not. The error, if any, will be in TWO parts of the sentence. The number of that part is the answer. If there is no error, the answer is (5). Ignore errors of punctuation, if any.   Heaviness in the air was (A) clearly obvious being the forensics (B) department has cleaned the room (C) for evidence and other official duties (D).

10. Select the word which Is nearest In meaning to the given word. Sequestered