ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

Fill in the blank(s) with the correct word(s). The European economy is _______ as its energy and manufacturing sectors are doing well.

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 25 | Tags: vocabulary     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

Fill in the blank(s) with the correct word(s).

The European economy is _______ as its energy and manufacturing sectors are doing well.

1). Despicable
2). Looming 
3). Doable
4). Buoyant 

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

3 vote
Answered by on | Votes 3 |

Correct option - 4

Let's find out the meaning of the following words:- 

Despicable - Someone or something that deserves hatred and contempt.

Looming - Appear as a vague form, especially one that is large or threatening.

Doable - Something that is within one's powers; feasible.

Buoyant - an economy, business, or market which is involved or engaged in much successful trade or activity; cheerful and optimistic.

Fissure - a long, narrow opening or line of breakage made by cracking or splitting, especially in rock or earth.

With reference to the context, it is mentioned that the energy and manufacturing sectors in the European economy are doing well. This is because it's successful in its trade activity, hence, option 4 i.e. buoyant is an apt answer. 

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (4+4)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Select the phrase/connector from the given options which can be used in the beginning (to start the sentence) to form a single sentence from the sentences given below, implying the same meaning as expressed in the statement sentences. Happiness is more than simply positive mood. It is a state of well-being that encompasses living a good life. It is not the result of bouncing from one joy to the next. Researchers find that achieving happiness typically involves times of considerable discomfort.

2. In the following question, sentences are given with blanks to be filled in with appropriate and suitable word (s). Four alternatives are suggested for each question. People like to work for organisation that takes interest in their personnel and______growth.

3. Rearrange the parts of the sentence in correct order.The NSGP- of nuclear trade, spelt out in its guidelines and trigger-listsR- has already made its rules,Q- covering every aspect

4. What is the active/passive of - The doctor bandaged the arm of the injured man.

5. What is the substitute of - Special words or expressions that are used by a particular profession or group and are difficult for others to understand

6. Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions given below it. Certain words/phrases have been printed in bold to help you locate them while answering some of the questions.Once upon a time there was a King of Benaras who was very rich. He had many servants and a beautiful palace with

7. In the question given below, a sentence is given and is divided into three parts I, II and III. For each part a correction statement is also given. You have to determine which part requires correction and mark it as your answer. Social justice being multifaceted, / dealt with various aspects of hu

8. What is the substitute of - To throw or drop unnecessary goods or fuel from a ship, an aircraft a spacecraft etc.

9. Below are some alternatives which may be used to improve the sentence by replacing the word(s) in bold. You may choose option 1, 2, 3 or 4. In case, no improvement is needed, choose option 5. He has squandered his fortune, estranged his friends and ruined his health by his recklessness and extravagance. 

10. I 'll be able to do my Job very well when I know the ropes .