ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following questions two sentences (i) and (ii) are given. Each sentence (i) and (ii) has a blank in it. Against each five options are suggested out of these, only one fits at both places in the context of each sentence. Mark that as your answer.

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 25 | Tags: ibps     | ibps clerk     | ibps clerk 1st dec 2013     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

In the following questions two sentences (i) and (ii) are given. Each sentence (i) and (ii) has a blank in it. Against each five options are suggested out of these, only one fits at both places in the context of each sentence. Mark that as your answer.

I. In today?s world parents usually???? that their children do not talk to them as they are more involved in electronic gadgets and social media.
II. He would???.. about every other child on the playground and his parents would tight with other parents so as to protect him.
1). feel
2). defend
3). fight
4). complain

IBPS Books

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

0 vote
Answered by on | Votes 0 |
Its tough but option 4 seems correct

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (1+3)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. I don't know why she has become stand-offish recently.

2. What is the meaning of idiom - To take to one's bed

3. Select the antonym of grotesque

4. A passage is given with 10 questions following it. Read the passage carefully and choose the best answer to each question out of the four alternatives. When one looks at monetary flows, along with the creation of jobs, the tourism sector represents one of the largest industries globally. The p

5. A majority of Indians prefer to use internet for accessing banking and other financial services than shopping online, show a new survey. Almost 57% of Indians respondents using the internet prefer to bank online and use other financial services due to hassle-free access and time saving feature of o

6. In the passage given below there are 7 blanks, each followed by a word given in bold. Each blank has four alternative words given in options (1), (2), (3) and (4). You have to tell which word will best suit the respective blank. Mark (5) as your answer if the word given in bold after the blank

7. In the following question, one part of the sentence may have an error. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and mark the remaining, i.e., the error less combination as your answer.  Despite the reservation of seats for (A)/ Adivasis, Dalits and women, these categories (B)/ remain on the periphery often as victim (C)/ of atrocities and caste oppression. (D)/ No error

8. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the idiom/phrase.backseat driver

9. Which of the phrases a, b, c and d given below should replace the phrase given in bold in the following sentences to make the sentence grammatically meaningful and correct. If the sentence is correct as it is and no correction is required. mark e as the answer.

10. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.Bacon, the father of the English essay (1)/ had a thirst (2)/ of knowledge. (3)/ No error (4).