ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

I don't know why she has become stand-offish recently.

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 32 | Tags: idioms and phrases     | english comprehension     | ssc assistant 2004     | Add Bounty

Choose the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the idiom/ phrase given in bold.
I don't know why she has become stand-offish recently.
1). angry
2). hilarious
3). indifferent
4). unmanageable

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

3 vote
Answered by on | Votes 3 |
indifferent is the best suited

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (4+1)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In the passage given below there are 8 blanks, each followed by a word given in bold. Each blank has four alternative words given in options (1), (2), (3) and (4). You have to tell which word will best suit the respective blank. Mark (5) as your answer if the word given in bold after the blank

2. What is the Indirect/Direct form of - Mrs. Shankar said , " I know what it is to be depressed."

3. What is the correct alternative of - No sooner did I open the door that the goons attacked me.

4. Read the passage carefully and select the best answer to each question out of the given four alternatives. Let’s move to the crackling topic of the SC’s firecracker ban in Delhi. Like me and millions of other children raised in India, Masaba must have celebrated Diwali with new clothes, sweets

5. In each of the following question four words are given of which two words are most nearly the same or opposite in the meaning Find the two words which are most nearly the same or opposite in meaning and indicate the number of the correct letter combination

6. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.It is 1/(1) who is to blame/(2) for this bad situation./ (3) No Error/(4)

7. Some parts of the sentence may contain an error. The bold part of the sentence is grammatically correct. If there is no error in the sentence, choose option 5 i.e 'No error' as the answer. While it is probably better to rely on markets rather (A)/ government to set pay levels, that doesn't means that the way (B)/ the markets set pay is a purely objective assessment (C)/ of economic contribution or that redistribution is theft. (D)/ No error (E)

8. Read the passage and answer the questions that follow: War was declared in April 1792. Defeat, which the people (plausibly enough) ascribed to royal sabotage and treason, brought radicalization. In August-September the monarchy was overthrown, the Republic one and indivisible established, a new age

9. A sentence has been given in Active/Passive Voice. Out of the four given alternatives, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Passive/Active Voice.  They were not happy with the dog in such a condition.

10. In this question, a part of the sentence is given in bold. Below are given alternatives to the bold part at 1, 2 and 3 which may improve the sentence.Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed your answer is (4).The teacher asked him to copy the material word for word.