ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

Each question below has two blanks each blank indicating that something has been omitted Choose the set of Words for each blank that best fits the meaning of the sentence as a whole

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 43 | Tags: sbi     | sbi po     | sbi po 2010     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

Each question below has two blanks each blank indicating that something has been omitted Choose the set of Words for each blank that best fits the meaning of the sentence as a whole

According to a recent survey sales figures of high end cars have seen an _____growth in the past year which shows that Indian consumer have ________the impact of recession
1). unprecedented ,negated
2). unbelievable,suffered
3). unusal,worsened
4). insignificant, endured

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

2 answers

2 vote
Answered by on | Votes 2 |
Solution

The sentence is not clear whether the sales are high or low and whether the Indian consumer faced the impact of recession.Trying from options, B,C,D can be eliminated logically, as they state that consumers faced negative impacts of recession and still they purchased luxury cars . Option E can also be eliminated as Proven is out of context and can't be used as consumers can never prove recession.A states that the consumer didn't face the impact of recession and hence sales are high ,which seems logically correct.

Join Telegram Group

1 vote
Answered by on | Votes 1 |
Solution

The sentence is not clear whether the sales are high or low and whether the Indian consumer faced the impact of recession.Trying from options, B,C,D can be eliminated logically, as they state that consumers faced negative impacts of recession and still they purchased luxury cars . Option E can also be eliminated as Proven is out of context and can't be used as consumers can never prove recession.A states that the consumer didn't face the impact of recession and hence sales are high ,which seems logically correct.

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (5+4)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In thc above passage, what is meant by the workhorse rocket ?

2. In this question, a part of the sentence is given in bold. Below are given alternatives to the bold part at 1, 2 and 3 which may improve the sentence.Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed your answer is (4).I sat downon the bench to look at the trophy I won as a prize.

3. A sentence has been given in Active/Passive Voice. Out of the four given alternatives, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Passive/Active Voice. She opened the lock.

4. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.When I was young, (1)/ I used to collect stamp (2)/ as a hobby. (3)/ No error. (4).

5. CREATION

6. In the following question, some part of the sentence may have errors. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and select the appropriate option. If a sentence is free from error, select 'No Error' . With God's blessings and hard work, (1)/ I cleared many hurdles in life and did (2)/ reasonable with both professional and personally. (3)/ No error (4)

7. What is the substitute of - An inscription on a tomb

8. A sentence has been given in Active/Passive Voice. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Passive/Active Voice. The painter has taken three months to complete the painting.

9. Find out the misspelt word

10. In the following question, two columns are given containing three phrases each, In the first column, the phrases are A, B, and C, and in the second column, the phrases are D, E, and F. A phrase from the first column may or may not connect with a phrase from the second column to make a grammatically