ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

For each of the following five questions, the prices of various items are shown by inequalities. The statement in each question is followed by 2 conclusions. Based on the information in the statement, which of the conclusions are implied?

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 18 | Tags: ibps     | ibps clerk     | ibps clerk 2015     | statement and conclusions     | reasoning     | Add Bounty

For each of the following five questions, the prices of various items are shown by inequalities. The statement in each question is followed by 2 conclusions. Based on the information in the statement, which of the conclusions are implied?

Statement $$ Ketch up > Iodised salt \geq Tomatoes \geq Eggs $$ and Oranges < Radish < Ketch up
Conclusions 1) Radish < eggs 2) Oranges < Tomatoes
1). Neither of the conclusion is implied.
2). Conclusion 2 is implied but conclusion 1 is not
3). Conclusion 1 is implied but conclusion 2 is not
4). Both the conclusions are implied.

IBPS Books

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

3 vote
Answered by on | Votes 3 |
Solution

Statement $ Ketch up > Iodised salt \geq Tomatoes \geq Eggs $ and Oranges < Radish < Ketch up

=> $ oranges < radish < ketchup> iodized salt \geq tomatoes \geq eggs $

As there is no direct relation between oranges and tomatoes and between radishes and eggs, we cannot conclude either of the conclusions.
So, both the conclusions are false.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (5+4)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In the following question, two statements are given each followed by two conclusions I and II. You have to consider the statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance from commonly known facts. You have to decide which of the given conclusions, if any, follows from the given statements.Statement:(I) Many rituals, if incorporated in daily routine can make positive changes in one's life.(II) Bending forward in mosque or prostrating before God are great exercises as these involve backstretch, squat, bend and rise again.Conclusions:(I) Religion offers great scope for exercise.(II) If only these religious rituals are practiced daily, they can make positive changes in health of an individual.

2. In each of the questions below, two statements are given followed by two conclusions numbered I and II. You have to take the two statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance from the commonly known facts and then decide which of the given conclusions logically follows from the given sta

3. In these questions, the relationship between different elements is shown in the statements. The statements are followed by two conclusions. Give answer

4. Consider the given statement/s to be true and decide which of the given conclusions/assumptions can definitely be drawn from the given statement.Statements: Some flies are ants.All insects are ants.Conclusions: I. All flies are ants.II. Some ants are insects.

5. In the following questions, the symbols *, $, #, ? and % areused with the following meaning as illustrated below :?P $ Q? means ?P is neither greater than nor smaller than Q?.`P ? Q? means ?P is neither greater than nor equal to Q?.?P % Q? means P is neither smaller than nor equal to Q?.P * Q? means

6. In the following questions, the symbols @, #, $, ? and % are used with different meanings as follows :?P @ Q? menas ?P is not smaller than Q,?P # menas `P is not greater than Q?.?P $ 9? menas `P is neither greater than nor equal to Q?.?P? Q? mcnas ?P is neither smaller than nor equal to Q?.?P % mena

7. In the following questions, the symbols $, 0, ?, % and * are used with the following meaning as illustrated below ??P $ Q? means ?P is not smaller than Q?P @ Q? means ?P is not greater than Q?.P ? Q? means ?P is neither greater than nor smaller than Q?.?P % Q? means `P is neither smaller than nor eq

8. In the following question, two statements are given each followed by two conclusions I and II. You have to consider the statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance from commonly known facts. You have to decide which of the given conclusions, if any, follows from the given statements.Statement:(I) Petrol prices are increasing in the economy.(II) The price of crude oil in international market has not shown reasonable increase.Conclusions:(I) The inflation has hit various commodities like petrol in the country.(II) Demand for petrol is increasing but supply has not picked up with the same rate, hence resulting into hike in prices.

9. In the following question, two statements are given each followed by two conclusions I and II. You have to consider the statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance from commonly known facts. You have to decide which of the given conclusions, if any, follows from the given statements.Statement:(I) No women can vote.(II) Some women are politicians.Conclusions:(I) Male politicians can vote.(II) Some politicians can vote.

10. In the following questions, the symbols @, #, $, ? and % are used with different meanings as follows :?P @ Q? menas ?P is not smaller than Q,?P # menas `P is not greater than Q?.?P $ 9? menas `P is neither greater than nor equal to Q?.?P? Q? mcnas ?P is neither smaller than nor equal to Q?.?P % mena