ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

Consider the given statement/s to be true and decide which of the given conclusions/assumptions can definitely be drawn from the given statement.Statements: Some flies are ants.All insects are ants.Conclusions: I. All flies are ants.II. Some ants are insects.

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 22 | Tags: ssc cgl tier1 10th september 2016 shift 3     | ssc cgl tier 1     | ssc cgl     | statement and conclusions     | reasoning     | Add Bounty

Consider the given statement/s to be true and decide which of the given conclusions/assumptions can definitely be drawn from the given statement.
Statements: Some flies are ants.
All insects are ants.
Conclusions: I. All flies are ants.
II. Some ants are insects.
1). Only conclusion I follows
2). Only conclusion II follows
3). Both conclusion I and conclusion II follow
4). Neither conclusion I nor conclusion II follows

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

1 vote
Answered by on | Votes 1 |
Correct answer is: option 2

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (1+3)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In these questions, relationship between different elements is shown in the statements.The statements are followed by two conclusions.Give answer a: if only Conclusion I is true.Give answer b: if only Conclusion II is true.Give answer c: if either Conclusion I or II is true.Give answer d: if neither Conclusion I nor II is true.Give answer e: if both Conclusions I and H are true.

2. In these questions, relationships between different elements is shown in the statements. The statements is followed by two conclusions. Study the conclusions based on the given statement and select the appropriate answer.

3. In each of following questions have the respective statements and related conclusions .you have to take given statement is as correct and answer the following questions

4. In each of the questions below are given two statements followed by three conclusions numbered I, II and III. You have to take the given statements to be true even if they seem to be variance from commonly-known facts. Read all the conclusions and then decide which of the given conclusions logically follows from the given statements disregarding commonly-known facts.

5. Consider the given statement/s to be true and decide which of the given conclusions/assumptions can definitely be drawn from the given statement.Statement: Laugh and the world will laugh with you.Assumptions:I. People generally laugh.II. Laughter symbolises happiness.

6. In the following questions, the symbols *, $, #, ? and % areused with the following meaning as illustrated below :?P $ Q? means ?P is neither greater than nor smaller than Q?.`P ? Q? means ?P is neither greater than nor equal to Q?.?P % Q? means P is neither smaller than nor equal to Q?.P * Q? means

7. In these questions, relationship between different elements is shown in the statements.The statements are followed by two conclusions.Give answer a: if only Conclusion I is true.Give answer b: if only Conclusion II is true.Give answer c: if either Conclusion I or II is true.Give answer d: if neither Conclusion I nor II is true.Give answer e: if both Conclusions I and II are true.

8. In the following questions the symbol +, x, ?, @ and $ are used with the following meaning.A + B means A is neither smaller nor greater than BA x B means A is neither equal to nor smaller than BA ? B means A is neither greater nor equal to BA @ B means A is either greater or equal to BA $ B means A is not equal to BNow each of the following questions assuming the given statements to be true, find out which of the conclusion I and II given below them is/are definitely True ?

9. In each of the following questions are given four statements followed by five conclusions given as five alternative choices. You have to assume every thing in the statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance from commonly known facts and then decide which of the given conclusions does not logically follows from the information given in the statements disregarding commonly known facts. The conclusion which does not follow is your answer.

10. In the following questions the symbols $$\delta,$$ @, ? , % and $$\bigstar$$ are used with the following meaning as illustrated below: ?P ? Q? means ?P is not smaller than Q?. ?P % Q? means ?P is neither smaller than nor equal to Q? ?P$$\bigstar$$ Q? means ?P is neither greater than nor equal to