ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

Choose the word/group of words which is most opposite in meaning to the word/group of words printed in bold as used in the passage.

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 22 | Tags: sbi     | sbi clerk     | sbi clerk 27 may 2012     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

Choose the word/group of words which is most opposite in meaning to the word/group of words printed in bold as used in the passage.

Caught hold
1). Nabbed
2). Picked up
3). Let go
4). Plunged

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

3 vote
Answered by on | Votes 3 |
Let go : seems correct

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (1+3)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which will improve the bracketed part of the sentence. In case no improvement is needed, select "no improvement". You see a curtain of fog (hanged) low, suspended over the fresh green grass

2. Read the given passage carefully and select the best answer to each question out of the five given alternatives. Despite recent job gains, rising wages and falling unemployment, almost a quarter of Americans said they still have no emergency savings, according to an annual Bankrate.com report that

3. In the following question a part of the sentence is given in bold. Below are given alternatives to the bold part at (1 ), (2) and (3) which may improve the sentence. Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed. your answer is (4). The driver was dazzled by the bright light of approaching car.

4. The examination will begin ........... monday.

5. In the following question, out of the given four alternatives, select the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the Idiom/Phrase. Pay lip service

6. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.She is confident (1)/ to win the gold medal (2)/ this time. (3)/ No error (4).

7. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.

(A) My friends proposed me/(B) that should go to/ (C) movies and then have/(D) dinner at a hotel./(e) No Error.

8. In the following question, the sentence given with blank to be filled in with an appropriate word. Select the correct alternative out of the four and indicate it by selecting the appropriate option. I shall _____ her if she apologises to me for her misbehavior

9. A sentence/a part of the sentence is underlined. Four alternatives are given to the underlined part which will improve the meaning of the sentence. Choose the correct alternative and click the button corresponding to it. In case no improvement is needed, click the option corresponding to 'No improvement'. The content of alcohol in his body is grown day by day. 

10. What is the Indirect/Direct form of - The teacher said , " Gandhiji was born in India .