ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In these questions, certain symbols have been used to indicate relationships between elements as follows :P @ Q means P is not greater than Q.P # Q means P is not smaller than QP ? Q means P is neither greater than Q nor smaller than QP $$\star$$ Q means P is neither greater than Q nor equal to QP $

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 38 | Tags: sbi     | sbi po     | sbi po 2002     | statement and conclusions     | reasoning     | Add Bounty

In these questions, certain symbols have been used to indicate relationships between elements as follows :
P @ Q means P is not greater than Q.
P # Q means P is not smaller than Q
P ? Q means P is neither greater than Q nor smaller than Q
P $$\star$$ Q means P is neither greater than Q nor equal to Q
P $ Q means P is neither smaller than Q nor equal to Q.

In each questions, three statements showing certain relationships have been given, followed by two conclusions I and II. Assuming that the given statements are true, find out which of the two conclusions is/are definitely true:

Statements: B @ V, V ? M, J $ M
Conclusions: I. J $ B
II. J $ V
1). if only ‘’conclusion I’’ is true;
2). if only ‘’conclusion II’’ is true;
3). if either ‘’conclusion I or II’’ is true;
4). if neither conclusion I nor II’’ is true

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

2 answers

3 vote
Answered by on | Votes 3 |
Solution

Statements :

B $\leq$ V , V = M , J > M

=> J > M = V $\geq$ B

Conclusions :

J > B [true]

J > V [true]

Thus, both conclusions are true.

Join Telegram Group

2 vote
Answered by on | Votes 2 |
Solution

Statements :

B $\leq$ V , V = M , J > M

=> J > M = V $\geq$ B

Conclusions :

J > B [true]

J > V [true]

Thus, both conclusions are true.

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (2+2)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In each of the questions below are given three statements followed by four conclusions numbered I, II, III and IV. You have to take the given statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance from commonly known facts. Read all the conclusions and then decide which of the given conclusions logically follows from the given statements disregarding commonly known facts.

2. In each of the following questions the symbols @, ? ,#, $ and % are used with the following meaning as illustrated below:?P?Q? means ?P is either greater than or equal to Q??P%Q? means ?P is either smaller than or equal to Q??P@Q? means ?p is neither greater than nor smaller than Q??P#Q? means ?p is

3. In each question below are two statements followed by two conclusions numbered I and II. You have to take the two given statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance from commonly known facts and then decide which of the given conclusions logically follows from the given statements disre

4. In each of the questions below are given three statements followed by four conclusions numbered I, II, III and IV. You have to take the given statements to be true even if they seem to be variance from commonly known facts. Read all the conclusions and then decide which of the given conclusions logically follows from the given statements disregarding commonly known facts.

5. In these questions, relationship between different elements is shown in the statements.The statements are followed by two conclusions.Give answer a: if only Conclusion I is true.Give answer b: if only Conclusion II is true.Give answer c: if either Conclusion I or II is true.Give answer d: if neither Conclusion I nor II is true.Give answer e: if both Conclusions I and H are true.

6. In these questions, relationship between different elements is shown in the statements.The statements are followed by two conclusions. a: if only Conclusion I is true. b: if only Conclusion II is true. c: if either Conclusion I or Il is true. d: if neither Conclusion I nor II is true. e: if both Conclusions I and II are true

7. In the following questions, the symbols $, ?, 0, % and * are used with the following meaning as illustrated below :?P @ Q? means ?P is not greater than Q?.?P % Q? means ?P is not smaller than Q?.?P * Q? means ?P is neither greater than nor smaller thanQ?.?P ? Q? means ?P is neither greater than nor

8. In each question below are four statements followed by four conclusions numbered I, H, III and IV. You have to take the four given statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance from commonly known facts and then decide which of the given conclusions logically follows from the four given statements disregarding commonly known facts. Then decide which of the answers (1), (2), (3), (4) and (5) is correct.

9. In each question below are two/three statements followed by twoconclusions numbered I and II. You have to take the two/three given statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance from commonly known facts and then decide which of the given conclusions logically follows from the given state

10. Consider the given statement/s to be true and decide which of the given conclusions/assumptions can definitely be drawn from the given statement. Statements: 1. All books are novels.2.Some novels are poems. Conclusions: I. Some books are poems.II. Some poems are novels.