ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

23 vote

In each of the questions below are given three statements followed by four conclusions numbered I, II, III and IV. You have to take the given statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance from commonly known facts. Read all the conclusions and then decide which of the given conclusions logically follows from the given statements disregarding commonly known facts.

Asked on by | Votes 23 | Views: 1938 | Tags: sbi     | sbi po     | sbi po 2004     | statement and conclusions     | reasoning     | Add Bounty

In each of the questions below are given three statements followed by four conclusions numbered I, II, III and IV. You have to take the given statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance from commonly known facts. Read all the conclusions and then decide which of the given conclusions logically follows from the given statements disregarding commonly known facts.

Statements: Some trees are flowers. Some roads are flowers.
All roads are vehicles.
Conclusions:
I. Some vehicles are trees
II. Some vehicles are flowers
III. Some roads are trees
IV. All vehicles are roads
1). None follows
2). Only I and II follows
3). Only II follows
4). Only I, III and IV follow

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

26 vote
Answered by on | Votes 26 | | Last Updated: 2021-07-30 13:22:53

It is given that , 

I some trees are flowers ,

II some roads are flowers and 

III all roads are vehicles ( So, road = vehicle )

Combining 2nd and 3rd statement we get , Some vehicles are flowers 

By using the information from above statements, we can  find out which conclusions follow the statements.

Clearly it is not I and III conclusions because, roads and vehicles are not related to trees.

Conclusion IV is also not correct because all roads are vehicles does not mean all vehicles are roads.

So, the correct answer is 3). Only II follows 

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (2+5)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Consider the given statement/s to be true and decide which of the given conclusions/assumptions can definitely be drawn from the given statement.Statements: Some cars are buses.All cars are caves.Conclusion: ?. Some caves are not buses?.Some caves are buses?. No cave is a bus?. Some caves are cars

2. In the following question, two statements are given each followed by two conclusions I and II. You have to consider the statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance from commonly known facts. You have to decide which of the given conclusions, if any, follows from the given statements.Statements:(I) All pilots are brave men.(II) All astronauts are pilots.Conclusion:(I) All astronauts are brave men.(II) Some pilots are astronauts.

3. In the following questions, the symbols @, ?, %, * and $ are used with the following meanings illustrated.?P % Q? means `P is either greater than or equal to Q?.`P ? Q? means `P is neither greater that nor smaller than Q?.?P $ Q? means ?P is smaller than Q?.?P@ Q? means ?P is either smaller than or

4. Direction: In each of the questions below are given four statements followed by four conclusions numbered I, II, III & IV. You have to take the given statements to be true even if they seem to be at given conclusions logically follows from the given statements disregarding commonly known facts.

5. Directions : In each question below are given two/three statements followed by two conclusions numbered I and II. You have to take the given statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance with commonly known facts and then deci

6. In these questions, relationship between dif erent elements is shown in the statements. The statements are followed by conclusions. Study the conclusions based on the given statements and select the appropriate answer.Give answer a: If both conclusions I and II are trueb: If only conclusion I is truec: If neither conclusion I nor II is trued: If only conclusion II is truee: If either conclusion I or conclusion II is true

7. In the following question, two statements are given each followed by two conclusions I and II. You have to consider the statement to be true even if they seem to be at variance from commonly known facts. You have to decide which of the given conclusions, if any, follows from the given statements.Statement:(I) Government is taking measures for safety of women in multi-dimensional aspects.(II) Sensitization programmes for awareness are up through various modes of promotion.Conclusions:(I) Women helpline has been introduced for 24x7 for helping the females.(II) The number of rape and extortion cases have reduced in last six months.

8. In the following questions, the symbols ?, *, $, @ and ? are used with the following meaning as illustrated below:?P $ Q? means ?P is neither smaller than nor greater than Q`.?P ? Q? means ?P is not smaller than Q?.?P ? Q? means ?P is either smaller than or equal to Q?.?P * Q? means ?P is smaller th

9. In each question below are given two/three statements followed by two conclusions numbered I and II. You have to take the given statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance with commonly known facts. Read all the conclusions and then decide which of the given conclusions logically follo

10. In the following questions the symbols $, #, @, ? and % are used with the following meaning as illustrated below:?P @ Q? means ?P is not smaller than Q?.?P $ Q? means ?P is not greater than Q?.?P % Q? means ?P is neither greater than nor equal to Q??P # Q? means ?P is neither smaller than nor equal