ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following passage, there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each, five words are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each case.The Emperor of China had (41) some peaches to the

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 26 | Tags: ibps     | ibps clerk     | ibps clerk 4th dec 2011 ez 2nd shift     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

In the following passage, there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each, five words are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each case.
The Emperor of China had (41) some peaches to the king of Tondmandalam with a note (42) that the fruit gives long life to anyone who eats them. As the fruits were being shown to the ruler, Rama, giving in to temptation, (43) up one of the luscious peaches and (44) into it. The king was (45). ?You?ve bitten into a fruit (46) for me!? he thundered. ?For this you must die!? As Rama was being taken away by the royal guards he sighed dramatically and exclaimed: ?What a deceitful man the Emperor of China is. He (47) the fruit gives long life. I took just one bite and I am about to die. Oh. what fate (48) the one who eats the entire fruit !? The king was (49) amused by Rama?s wit. He not only (50) him but gave him a dozen of the peaches he had risked his life for.

1). reached
2). picked
3). take
4). secured

IBPS Books

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

2 vote
Answered by on | Votes 2 |
I am not sure, may be picked is correct

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (5+4)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Improve the bracketed part of the sentence.Look at this video clip in which (I, my friend and you) are enjoying a boat ride.

2. In the following question, some part of the sentence may have errors. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and select the appropriate option. If a sentence is free from error, select 'No Error' . You occasionally stop to admire the intellectual (1)/ scenery, or you sometimes retrace your steps (2)/ to make sure you had seen everything. (3)/ No error (4)

3. In the following question, a sentence has been given in Active/Passive voice. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Passive/Active voice. The boxer lands an upper cut to the chin of his opponent.

4. Which of the phrases (1), (2), (3) and (4) given below each statement should be placed in the blank space provided so as to make meaningful and grammatically correct sentence? If none of the options is appropriate, mark (5) i.e. None of these as the answer.   Killing in the name of religion is not right, whatsoever the reason may be. If _____________.

5. In the following question, some part of the sentence may have errors. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and select the appropriate option. If a sentence is free from error, select 'No Error'.Sarah's father, died(A)/of heart attack at(B)a very young age.(C)/No error(D)

6. In this question, a part of the sentence is given in bold. Below are given alternatives to the bold part at 1, 2 and 3 which may improve the sentence.Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed your answer is (4).There is no more room for you in this compartment.

7. Directions : The following questions consist of a single sentence with one blank only. You are given six words denoted by A, B, C, D, E & F as answer choices and from the six choices you have to pick two correct answers, either of which will make the sentence meaningfully complete.

8. Is not learning superior .......... wealth ?

9. In the following question, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct speech. My wife said to me, "This is a beautiful necklace!"

10. In the given passage there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. Against each five words are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate words in each case.After spending time and efforts to stabilise rural incomes in the face of plummeting agricultural pric