ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

20 vote

Which of the phrases a,b,c, and d.given below should replace the phrase given in bold in the following sentence to make the sentence grammatically meaningful and correct ?If the sentence is correct as it is and ?No correction is required? mark e, as the answer.

Asked on by | Votes 20 | Views: 1175 | Tags: sbi     | sbi po     | sbi po 2008     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

Which of the phrases a,b,c, and d.given below should replace the phrase given in bold in the following sentence to make the sentence grammatically meaningful and correct ?
If the sentence is correct as it is and ?No correction is required? mark e, as the answer.

If you would like to reconsider your decision please give a word to me
1). have a word to
2). have a word with
3). give a word for
4). have to give a word to

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

2 answers

26 vote
Answered by on | Votes 26 |
Solution

The correct usage of phrase is 'have word with'.
Hence, the sentence, with correct usage of phrase would read as:

If you would like to reconsider your decision please have a word to me.

Therefore, option B is correct.

Accepted Answer

Join Telegram Group

0 vote
Answered by on | Votes 0 |
Solution

The correct usage of phrase is 'have word with'.
Hence, the sentence, with correct usage of phrase would read as:

If you would like to reconsider your decision please have a word to me.

Therefore, option B is correct.

Other Questions

1. The heavy downpour played havoc in the coastal area.

2. In the passage given below, there are 10 blanks, each followed by a word given in bold. Each blank has four alternative words given in options (1), (2), (3) and (4). You have to tell which word will best suit the respective blank. Mark (5) as your answer if the word giv

3. Read each sentence to find out whether there is any grammatical or idiomatic error in it. The error, if any, will be in one part of the sentence. The number of that part is the answer. If there is ?No error?, the answer is e:. (Ignore errors of punctuation, if any.)

4. A sentence/a part of the sentence is underlined. Four alternatives are given to the underlined part which will improve the sentence. Choose the correct alternative and click the button corresponding to it. In case no improvement is needed, click the button corresponding to "No improvement".Jane had told me that she hasn't done her homework.

5. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which is the best substitute of the words/sentence.    Slow and careful movement or thought 

6. In the following question, an idiomatic expression or a proverb is highlighted. Select the alternative which best describes its use in the sentence. The young lord was a chip of the old block and loved to fight the pirates like his ancestors, though his pirates were still the imaginary kind.

7. In the following passage there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each, five words are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each case.Women ____1____ up half the world?s population and

8. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which is the best substitute of the phrase.Rub a part of the body to restore warmth or sensation.

9. Improve the bracketed part of the sentenceThe good fortune of (my being) your disciple in my youth has greatly benefited me in my career.

10. Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions given below it. Certain words/phrases have been printed in ??bold?? to help you locate them while answering some of the questions.As increasing dependence on information systems develops, the need for such system to be reliable and secure