ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

What is the Indirect/Direct form of - She said to me, " It has been raining heavily and you cannot go".

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 94 | Tags: english     | direct and indirect     | english comprehension     | ssc     | Add Bounty

What is the Indirect/Direct form of - She said to me, " It has been raining heavily and you cannot go".
1). She told me that it had been raining heavily and I could not go.
2). She told me that it was raining heavily and I could not go.
3). She told me that it has been raining heavily and I could not go.
4). She told me that it is raining heavily and I could not go.

SSC CGL Books

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

3 vote
Answered by on | Votes 3 |
She told me that it had been raining heavily and I could not go. is the correct answer as per the ssc answer key

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (2+5)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In the following question, out of the given four alternatives, select the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the Idiom/Phrase. Wild and woolly

2. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the idiom/phrase.Back to the drawing board

3. What is the Indirect/Direct form of - Sheldon said that she might go home the next day with her sister.

4. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.

(A) They were exceptional good /(B) orators, so all of us /(C) listened to them /(D) very attentively. /(E) No Error.

5. Improve the bracketed part of the sentence.Ajay, who (was studying) architecture at present, hopes to go to Australia after graduation.

6. In the following question, a word has been given. Choose the sentence(s) in which it is used correctly and if all the sentences are correct then choose Option 5. Transparent (A) The houses of the city were all made of glass, so clear and transparent that one could look through the walls as easily as through a window. (B) Other nations are becoming more transparent as well. (C) He stood on the balcony, visible beyond the transparent curtains rustling in the moving haze.

7. Choose the correctly spelled word from the following:

8. Each of the following questions has two blanks, each blank indicating that something has been omitted. Choose the set of words for each blank that fits the meaning of the sentence as a whole.

9. What is the antonym or opposite of word commence

10. Each sentence below has two blanks, each blank indicating that something has been omitted. Choose the words that best fit the meaning of the sentence as a whole.