ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

If the numerator of a fraction is increased by 350% and the denominator of the fraction is increased by 300%, the resultant fraction is 9/22 .What is the original fraction ?

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 297 | Tags: rbi     | rbi grade b     | rbi grade b 2007     | numbers     | quantitative aptitude     | Add Bounty

If the numerator of a fraction is increased by 350% and the denominator of the fraction is increased by 300%, the resultant fraction is 9/22 .What is the original fraction ?
1). 3/4
2). 5/12
3). 7/9
4). 4/11

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

1 vote
Answered by on | Votes 1 |
Solution

Let the original fraction = $\frac{x}{y}

Numerator after 350% increase = $x + \frac{350}{100} \times x = 4.5x$

Denominator after 300 % increase = $y + \frac{300}{100} \times y = 4y$

Acc to ques,

=> $\frac{4.5x}{4y} = \frac{9}{22}$

=> $\frac{x}{y} = \frac{9}{22} \times \frac{4}{4.5}$

=> $\frac{x}{y} = \frac{4}{11}$

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (3+4)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In these questions, relationship between dif erent elements is shown in the statements. The statements are followed by conclusions. Study the conclusions based on the given statements and select the appropriate answer.Give answer a: If both conclusions I and II are trueb: If only conclusion I is truec: If neither conclusion I nor II is trued: If only conclusion II is truee: If either conclusion I or conclusion II is true

2. A alone can finish a piece of work in 42 days. B is 20% more efficient than A and C is 40% more efficient than B. In how many days B and C working together can finish the same piece of work? (in days)

3. We know that the Industrial sector plays an important role in the development of India. Which sector doesnot come under Industrial sector ?

4. What will cdme in place of the question mark ?) in the following number series ?

5. The positions of how many digits will remain the same if the digits in the number 297345618 are rearranged in the descending order within the number, from left to right?

6. The Chief Executive Officers (CEOs) of the APEC held an important summit in Singapore in November 2009 What is the full form of APEC ?

7. What will come in place of question mark (?) in the given questions ?

8. $$93+26\times3-51$$=?

9. Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions given below it. Certain words/expressions are given in bold in the passage to help you locate them while answering some of the questions. Radically changing monsoon patterns, reduction in the winter rice harvest and a quantum increase in

10. The average age of five persons is 60 years. The average age of first four persons is 40 years. What is the age of the fifth person ?