ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

What is the Indirect/Direct form of - The prisoner enquired if a lawyer had been arranged for him.

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 89 | Tags: english     | direct and indirect     | english comprehension     | ssc     | Add Bounty

What is the Indirect/Direct form of - The prisoner enquired if a lawyer had been arranged for him.
1). The prisoner enquired , 'Is there a lawyer for me '
2). The prisoner asked ,'Has a lawyer been arranged for me'
3). The prisoner enquired, 'Had a lawyer been arranged for me'
4). The prisoner said , 'Have you arranged a lawyer for me '

SSC CGL Books

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

3 vote
Answered by on | Votes 3 |
option 2 is the right one

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (1+3)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. A passage is given with 5 questions following it. Read the passage carefully and choose the best answer to each question out of the four alternatives and click the button corresponding to it.The first working steam-powered vehicle was designed and most likely built by Ferdinand Verbies, a Flemish me

2. Each question contains a sentence with a blank. Below the sentence, 4 words are given out of which 2 can be used to fill the blank meaningfully. Choose the option that contains the words that can be used to fill the blank:

3. Each sentence given below has two blanks. Each blank indicates that something has been omitted. Choose the word that best fits in the meaning of the sentence as a whole.

4. Read the passage given below and then answer the questions given below the passage. Some words may be highlighted for your attention. Read carefully. The Affordable Care Act (ACA), of 2010, or Obamacare, was the most monumental change in US health care policy since the passage of Medicaid and Medic

5. What is the substitute of - A drink usually made from a mixture of one or more alcoholic drinks

6. In the following passage there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each, five words are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Findout the appropriate word in each case. There is already an extensive empirical literature

7. For the following sentence, four alternatives are given. You are requested to choose the correct meaning of the idioms underlined in the sentences. He burnt his fingers by interfering in his neighbour's affairs.

8. Improve the bracketed part of the sentence. He has not been feeling well (much late).

9. In the following questions, one part of the sentence may have an error. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and click the button corresponding to it. If the sentence is free from error, click the 'No error' option.He had already sent me message (A) / that his arrival (B) / was scheduled for Thursday (C) / No error (D)

10. In the following question, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct speech. I said to my friends, 'let us go to a picnic for a change'.