ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following questions, the symbols ?, *, $, @ and ? are used with the following meaning as illustrated below:?P $ Q? means ?P is neither smaller than nor greater than Q`.?P ? Q? means ?P is not smaller than Q?.?P ? Q? means ?P is either smaller than or equal to Q?.?P * Q? means ?P is smaller th

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 16 | Tags: ibps     | ibps clerk     | ibps clerk 11th dec 2011 sz 1st shift     | statement and conclusions     | reasoning     | Add Bounty

In the following questions, the symbols ?, *, $, @ and ? are used with the following meaning as illustrated below:
?P $ Q? means ?P is neither smaller than nor greater than Q`.
?P ? Q? means ?P is not smaller than Q?.
?P ? Q? means ?P is either smaller than or equal to Q?.
?P * Q? means ?P is smaller than Q?.
?P @ Q? means is neither smaller than nor equal to Q?.
Now in each of the following questions assuming the given statements to be true, find which of the two conclusions I and II given below them is/ are definitely true ?
Give answer:
a: if only Conclusion I is true.
b: if only Conclusion II is true.
c: if either Conclusion I or II is true.
d: if neither Conclusion I nor II is true,
e: if both Conclusions I and II are true.

Statements : B @ J, J * H, H ? N
Conclusions :
I. N @ J
II.N @ B
1). if only Conclusion I is true
2). if only Conclusion II is true
3). if either Conclusion I or II is true
4). if neither Conclusion I nor II is true

IBPS Books

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

2 vote
Answered by on | Votes 2 |
Solution

the statements and their explanations are as follows:
B @ J:B>J
J * H:J<H
H © N:{H}$\geq${N}
a simplified equation can be: N>{H}$\geq${N} AND B>J

conclusion I. N @ J: implies N>J, which can be directly inferred from the above equations
conclusion II.N @ B:implies N>B which cannot be inferred as there is no direct relation between the two.
therefore the answer is option A.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (3+3)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In these questions, certain symbols have been used to indicate relationships between elements as follows :P @ Q means P is not greater than Q.P # Q means P is not smaller than QP ? Q means P is neither greater than Q nor smaller than QP $$\star$$ Q means P is neither greater than Q nor equal to QP $

2. In these questions, relationship between different elements is shown in the statements. The statements are followed by two conclusions.Give answer a:if only Conclusion I is true.Give answer b: if only Conclusion II is true.Give answer c: if either Conclusion I or II is true.Give answer d: if neither Conclusion I nor II is true.Give answer e: if both Conclusions I and II are true.

3. In these questions, relationship between different elements is shown in the statements. The statements are followed by two conclusions. Study the conclusions based on the given statements and select the appropriate answer.Give answer :a: If either conclusion I or II is trueb: If both conclusions I and II are truec: If only conclusion I is trued: If only conclusion II is truee: If neither conclusion I nor II is true

4. In each of the, questions below are given three statements followed by two conclusion?s numbered I and II. You have. to take the given statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance from commonly known facts. Read both of the conclusions and then decide which of_the given conclusions logi

5. In these questions, relationship between different elements is shown in the statement(s). The statement(s) are followed by two conclusions numbered I and II. Study the conclusions based on the given statements and select the appropriate answer.Give answer a: if neither Conclusion I nor Conclusion II

6. In each of the following questions the symbols @, ? ,#, $ and % are used with the following meaning as illustrated below:?P?Q? means ?P is either greater than or equal to Q??P%Q? means ?P is either smaller than or equal to Q??P@Q? means ?p is neither greater than nor smaller than Q??P#Q? means ?p is

7. In each of the questions below are given three statements followed by three conclusions numbered I, II and III. You have to take the given statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance from commonly known facts. Read all the conclusions and then decide which of the given conclusions logically follows from the given statements disregarding commonly known facts.

8. Direction: In each of the questions below are given four statements followed by four conclusions numbered I, II, III & IV. You have to take the given statements to be true even if they seem to be at given conclusions logically follows from the given statements disregarding commonly known facts.

9. In these questions, two/three statements followed by two conclusions numbered I and II are given. You have to take the given statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance from commonly known facts and then decide which of the given conclusions logically follows from the given statements

10. For each of the following five questions, the prices of various items are shown by inequalities. The statement in each question is followed by 2 conclusions. Based on the information in the statement, which of the conclusions are implied?