ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following passage there are blanks each of which have been numbered. Against each number, there are five words one of which fills the blank appropriately. Find the appropriate word in each case. In any organized group of mammals, no matter how co-operative, there is always a (1) for social do

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 17 | Tags: sbi     | sbi clerk     | sbi clerk 2007     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

In the following passage there are blanks each of which have been numbered. Against each number, there are five words one of which fills the blank appropriately. Find the appropriate word in each case. In any organized group of mammals, no matter how co-operative, there is always a (1) for social dominance. As he pursues this, each adult individual (2) a particular social rank, giving him his position, or status, in the group hierarchy. The situation never remains (3) for very long. largely because all the status strugglers are (4) oldre. when the overlords, or Stop-dogs?, become senile, their seniority is challenged and they are (5) by their immediate subordinates. there is then renewed dominance squabbling as (6) moves a littel farther up the social ladder. At the other end of the scale, the younger members of the group are maturing rapldly, keeping up the pressure from (7). In addition , certsin members of the group may suddenly be (8) down by discase or accidental death, leaving gaps in the hierarchy that have to be quickly filled. The general result is a constant condition of status tension. Under natural (9) this tension remains tolerable because of the limited size of the social groupings. If, however, in the artificial environment of captivity, the group size becomes too big, or the space available too small, then the status ?rat race? soon gets out of hand, dominance battles rage uncontrollably, and the leaders of the packs, prides, colonies or tribes come under (10) strain.

(7)
1). above
2). sides
3). top
4). behind

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

2 vote
Answered by on | Votes 2 |

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (4+2)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. What is the Indirect/Direct form of - 1 said to him, 'Will you go to Delhi '

2. Read the passage carefully and select the best answer to each question out of the given four alternatives. What is Gandhian philosophy? It is the religious and social ideas adopted and developed by Gandhi, first during his period in South Africa from 1893 to 1914, and later of course in India. The

3. Read the sentence to find out whether there is an error in it or not. The error, if any, will be in one part of the sentence. The number of that part is the answer. If there is no error, the answer is (5). Ignore errors of punctuation, if any. Well, to be fair, (1) I think I did (2) not worked hard (3) enough last year. (4) No error (5) 

4. In the following passage there are blanks, each of which has been the passage, against each, five words are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each case. Once there was a lake which was (71) to many golden swans. Every six months, the swans would

5. Improve the bracketed part of the sentence. It is revealing that the gender divide in cognition levels worsens with rise in age, as girls are often compelled to (drop in) of school for a variety of reasons.

6. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.Being fairly well-built myself, (A)/ without second thought I just reached down (B)/ and lifted my Dad who was slept in bed (C)/. No error (D)

7. In the following question, some part of the sentence may have errors. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and select the appropriate option. If a sentence is free from error, select 'No Error'.Thank you for (1)/ getting me (2)/ of the hook. (3)/No Error (4)

8. Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions following it. Certain words have been highlighted for your attention. A Bill to empower the authorities to confiscate and sell assets of economic offenders, especially bank fraudsters and scamsters who have fled the country, was int

9. Given sentence is in Active Voice. Select the alternative which best expresses the same in Passive Voice. Hamlet was written by Shakespeare.

10. In each question below a sentence with four words printed in bold type is given. These are numbered as a, b, c and d. One of these four boldly printed words may be either wrongly spelt or inappropriate in the context of the sentence. Find out the word which is wrongly spelt or inappropriate, if any. The number of that word is your answer. If all the boldly printed words are correctly spelt and also appropriate in the context of the sentence, mark e: i.e., ?All Correct? as your answer.