ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the given passage there are blanks, each of which is numbered. Against each five words are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each case. Once in a town of Shimpola, there lived a rich and cunning money lender called Vidushan. He (1) money to poo

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 27 | Tags: sbi     | sbi clerk     | sbi clerk 15 feburary 2015     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

In the given passage there are blanks, each of which is numbered. Against each five words are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each case. Once in a town of Shimpola, there lived a rich and cunning money lender called Vidushan. He (1) money to poor people and (2) them to give their land. The troubled people went to Subhadhar who (3) to visit their town soon. One morning, a jeweller visited Vidushan with some expensive looking jewellery. When Vidushan asked for its price, the jeweller said it was worth a handful grain. He also said if you are (4), to give me a grain, give me a thousand gold coins and return the poor people?s land as well. Greedy Vidushan was very (5). He gave the jeweller a handful of grains. The jeweller (6) to take it and took him to court. A There per hre he the (7) judge, ?My Lord, had asked him for a single grain that was the (8) of a full hand and he gave me a handful of eil he should pay me a thousand of gold coins and return the poor people?s land to them.? The Judge (9) and adjudged the case in his (10). The jeweller was actually Subhadhar and he had helped poor get their land back.

(7)
1). lengthy
2). growth
3). extent
4). size

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

2 vote
Answered by on | Votes 2 |
This question was asked some where in previous year papers of ssc, and correct answer was option 4

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (4+1)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In the following question, some part of the sentence may have errors. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and select the appropriate option.If a sentence is free from error, select 'No Error'.The two children were(A)/identical except for(B)/the colour for their eyes.(C)/No error(D)

2. Read the following passage and answer the questions given below it. Certain words/phrases are given in bold to help you locate them while answering some of the questions.In a disarmingly frank talk at the Indian Merchants Chamber in Mumbai the Japanese Ambassador in India dwelt at length wise issues

3. In the following sentence, a part of the sentence is underlined. Given below are alternatives for the underlined part, which may improve the sentence. Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed, choose the alternative that indicates no improvement needed. Pinning your eyes to your cell phone screens all day long will not only deteriorate your eyesight but also completely tire your brain.

4. All this does not bode _______________ for even the loosest definitions of cosmopolitanism. A city by definition is a space, as ________________ historians and sociologists have already told us, which ideally privileges and _________________ the unexpected encounter, and calls on its citizens to be

5. What is the correct alternative of - It was me who first protested against them.

6. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which will improve the bracketed part of the sentence. In case no improvement is needed, select "no improvement".   The bliss of (oversleeping) cuddled up under a warm and cosy blanket is just other-worldly.

7. Read the passage and answer the following questions. On 9 March 2018, the Supreme Court of India legalised passive euthanasia by means of the withdrawal of life support to patients in a permanent vegetative state. Euthanasia is not morally permissible because the dignity of

8. In this question, a part of the sentence is given in bold. Below are given alternatives to the bold part at 1, 2 and 3 which may improve the sentence.Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed your answer is (4).He, I, She and They cooked the food.

9. Some parts of the sentence have errors and some are correct. Find out which part has an error and mark that part as your answer. If there are no errors, mark 'No error' as your answer. I was sad to see that such a great play which demonstrated the ill effects of superstition so well was applauded by less than twenty people.

10. Read the following passage to answer the given questions based on it. Some words/ phrases are printed in ??bold?? to help you locate them while answering some of the questions.The e-waste (Management of Handling) Rules, 2011 notified by the Ministry of Environment and Forests, have the potential to