ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

Directions : In each question below are given two/three statements followed by two conclusions numbered I and II. You have to take the given statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance with commonly known facts and then deci

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 172 | Tags: ibps     | ibps po     | ibps po 2011     | statement and conclusions     | reasoning     | Add Bounty

Directions : In each question below are given two/three statements followed by two conclusions numbered I and II. You have to take the given statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance with commonly known facts and then decide which of the given conclusions logically follows from the given statements disregarding commonly known facts. Give answer
A: if only conclusion I follows.
B: if only conclusion II follows.
C: if either conclusion I or conclusion II follows.
D: if neither conclusion I nor conclusion II follows.
E: if both conclusion I and conclusion II follow.
Statements:
All gliders are parachutes.
No parachute is an airplane.
All airplanes are helicopters.
Conclusions:
I. No helicopter is a glider.
II. All parachutes being helicopters is a possibility.
1). if only conclusion I follows.
2). if only conclusion II follows.
3). if either conclusion I or conclusion II follows.
4). if neither conclusion I nor conclusion II follows.

IBPS Books

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

2 answers

0 vote
Answered by on | Votes 0 |
Solution

No parachute is an airplane and all airplanes are helicopters doesn't give an indication about the relation between parachutes and helicopters. So, all parachutes are helicopters is not contradicted in the statements.

Join Telegram Group

2 vote
Answered by on | Votes 2 |
Solution

No parachute is an airplane and all airplanes are helicopters doesn't give an indication about the relation between parachutes and helicopters. So, all parachutes are helicopters is not contradicted in the statements.

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (4+2)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Directions : In each of the question below are given four statements followed by four conclusions numbered I, II, III and IV. You have to assume everything in the statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance from commonly known facts and then decide which of the four given conclusions logically follows from the statements disregarding commonly known facts and select the appropriate answer.

2. Consider the given statement/s to be true and decide which of the given conclusions/assumptions can definitely be drawn from the given statement.Statement:I All astronomers are scientists.Statement:II Some scientists are shopkeepers.Conclusion:I All astronomers are shopkeepers.Conclusion:?Some shopkeepers are astronomers.Conclusion:? Some shopkeepers are scientists.Conclusion:? All scientists are astronomers.

3. In each of the questions below are given three statements followed by four conclusions numbered I, II, III and IV. You have to take the given statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance from commonly known facts. Read all the conclusions and then decide which of the given conclusions logically follows from the given statements disregarding commonly known facts.

4. In the following question, two statements are given each followed by two conclusions I and II. You have to consider the statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance from commonly known facts. You have to decide which of the given conclusions, if any, follows from the given statements.Statements:(I) All dogs are bullocks.(II) All bullocks are goats.Conclusion:(I) All dogs are goats.(II) All goats are dogs.

5. In the following question, two statements are given each followed by two conclusions I and II. You have to consider the statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance from commonly known facts. You have to decide which of the given conclusions, if any, follows from the given statements.Statement:(I) Glaciers are receding and the temperature rise of the world is more than last year this time.(II) Pollution level of the Earth is rising a lot resulting in avalanches.Conclusions:(I) Pollution is resulting into hike in temperature of the world.(II) Pollution is the only reason for depletion of the nature.

6. In each of the questions below, two statements are given followed by two conclusions numbered 1 and II. You have to take the two statements to he true even if they seem to be at variance from the commonly known facts and then decide which of the given conclusions logically follows from the given sta

7. In these questions, two/three statements followed by two conclusions numbered I and II are given. You have to take the given statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance from commonly known facts and then decide which of the given conclusions logically follows from the given statements

8. In these questions, relationship between different elements is shown in the statements.The statements are followed by two conclusions. a: if only Conclusion I is true. b: if only Conclusion II is true. c: if either Conclusion I or Il is true. d: if neither Conclusion I nor II is true. e: if both Conclusions I and II are true

9. In each of the question below are given three statements followed by three conclusions numbered I, II III You have to take the given statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance from commonly known facts Read all the conclusions and then decide which of the given conclusions logically follows from three given statements disregarding commonly known facts.

10. In each of the question below are given four statements followed by three conclusions numbered I, II III You have to take the given statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance from commonly known facts Read all the conclusions and then decide which of the given conclusions logically follows from three given statements disregarding commonly known facts.