ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the given passage there are blanks, each of which is numbered. Against each five words are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each case. Once in a town of Shimpola, there lived a rich and cunning money lender called Vidushan. He (1) money to poo

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 18 | Tags: sbi     | sbi clerk     | sbi clerk 15 feburary 2015     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

In the given passage there are blanks, each of which is numbered. Against each five words are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each case. Once in a town of Shimpola, there lived a rich and cunning money lender called Vidushan. He (1) money to poor people and (2) them to give their land. The troubled people went to Subhadhar who (3) to visit their town soon. One morning, a jeweller visited Vidushan with some expensive looking jewellery. When Vidushan asked for its price, the jeweller said it was worth a handful grain. He also said if you are (4), to give me a grain, give me a thousand gold coins and return the poor people?s land as well. Greedy Vidushan was very (5). He gave the jeweller a handful of grains. The jeweller (6) to take it and took him to court. A There per hre he the (7) judge, ?My Lord, had asked him for a single grain that was the (8) of a full hand and he gave me a handful of eil he should pay me a thousand of gold coins and return the poor people?s land to them.? The Judge (9) and adjudged the case in his (10). The jeweller was actually Subhadhar and he had helped poor get their land back.

(5)
1). contents
2). delightful
3). blessed
4). happy

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

1 vote
Answered by on | Votes 1 |
Answer for this question is happy

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (5+2)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In this question, a part of the sentence is given in bold. Below are given alternatives to the bold part at 1, 2 and 3 which may improve the sentence.Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed your answer is (4).She did not like the movie,nor I did.

2. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which is the best substitute of the phrase.To make someone feel completely baffled.

3. The question below consists of a set of labelled sentences. These sentences, when properly sequenced form a coherent paragraph. Select the most logical order of sentences from among the options. P: If the intention is just to consume whatever comes from the West, then it is harmful. Q: Some of i

4. What is the Indirect/Direct form of - She yelled," Please help me."

5. He knows French and German.............Russian

6. Sachin was standing ....... me.

7. The following question contains two sentences with one blank each. Choose the option that best fits in both the blanks. The raffle is a part of the ladies’ club’s _______ to raise money for the cancer foundation. The government's _______ against firearm violence earned it the hostility of gun manufacturers.

8. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, choose the word which best expresses the meaning of the given word and click the button corresponding to it. Ostracize

9. In the following sentence, a part of the sentence is underlined. Below are given alternatives to the underlined part, which may improve the sentence. Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed, choose the alternative that indicates 'No improvement.’ You can drive a car provided that you had a valid license. provided that you have provided you have provided that you will have

10. Rearrange the following sentence (A),(B),(C),(D),(E) and (F) to make a meaningful paragraph and then answer the question which follow :(A)According to it organised retail stores are not wolves at the doors of friendly neighbourhood grocery stores as there is room for expansion of both.(B) Many have