ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

If the numerator of a certain fraction increased by 200% and the denominator is increased by 150% the new fraction thus formed is $$\frac{9}{10}$$. What is the original fraction ?

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 48 | Tags: sbi     | sbi clerk     | sbi associate clerk 2011     | numbers     | quantitative aptitude     | Add Bounty

If the numerator of a certain fraction increased by 200% and the denominator is increased by 150% the new fraction thus formed is $$\frac{9}{10}$$. What is the original fraction ?
1). $$\frac{3}{4}$$
2). $$\frac{1}{4}$$
3). $$\frac{3}{5}$$
4). $$\frac{2}{5}$$

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

2 answers

0 vote
Answered by on | Votes 0 |
Solution

Let numerator be x and denominator be y.

If numerator is increased by 200% it becomes 3x and if numerator is increased by 150% it becomes 2.5y

Now the new fraction is 9/10.

Hence, (3x/2.5y)=(9/10) which gives $\frac{x}{y}$=$\frac{3}{4}$

Join Telegram Group

1 vote
Answered by on | Votes 1 |
Solution

Let numerator be x and denominator be y.

If numerator is increased by 200% it becomes 3x and if numerator is increased by 150% it becomes 2.5y

Now the new fraction is 9/10.

Hence, (3x/2.5y)=(9/10) which gives $\frac{x}{y}$=$\frac{3}{4}$

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (2+4)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. The Cabinet Ministers for Urban Development, Housing and Urban Poverty Allevation and Parliamentary affairs in the Union Council of Ministers is??.

2. Who is the chairman of the recently created Tax Policy Council (TPC) in India?

3. Which of the following is TRUE about the ??Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan?? launched by the Government of India ?I. It is decided that about 5.5 lakh women teachers will be ?recruited for the scheme in the next 10 years.II. It is felt that girl students like to go to school and continue if the teachers are women. III. The economic survey for 2002-03 has noticed that the dropout rate at primary level has come to only 10-20% as more and more parents are sending their wards to primary schools now.

4. Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions given below it. Certain words/phrases are printed in ??bold?? to help you to locate them while answering some of the questions.To open up a field of study, draw attention to its vital elements, the lecture is invaluable. To listen to a le

5. Rearrange the following six sentences (A), (B) (C), (D), (E) and (F) in the proper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph and then answer the questions which follow :(A) The only way in which this problem can be solved is by making artificial blood which has remained a distant dream for science.(B)

6. Insurance cover for bank deposits in our country is provided by

7. As per the Railway Budget 2008-09 the operating ratio of Railways is pitched at which of the following levels ? Approximately

8. Each of the question below consists of a question and two statements numbered I and II are given below it You have to decide whether the data provided in the statements are sufficient to answer the question Read both the statement andGive answer (a)if the data in Statement I alone are sufficient to

9. In the following passage, there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each, five words are suggested. One of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each case.The first proposal I submitted for my dissertatio

10. Which of the following system components is the brain of the computer ?