ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In these questions, a question is given followed by information in three statements. You have to consider the information in all the three statements and decide the information in which of the Statement(s) is not necessarily required to answer the question and therefore can be dispensed with. Indicate your answer accordingly.

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 44 | Tags: rbi     | rbi grade b     | rbi grade b 11th oct 2009     | discount     | quantitative aptitude     | Add Bounty

In these questions, a question is given followed by information in three statements. You have to consider the information in all the three statements and decide the information in which of the Statement(s) is not necessarily required to answer the question and therefore can be dispensed with. Indicate your answer accordingly.

What is the labelled price of the article ?
I. Cost price of the article is Rs.500.
II. Selling price after offering 5% discount on the labelled price is Rs. 608.
III. Profit earned would have been 28% if no discount was offered.
1). Only I
2). Only III
3). Only II and III
4). Only I and III

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

3 vote
Answered by on | Votes 3 |
Solution

Statement I : Only cost price is given, there is no information about labelled price or any other factor. Thus, it is insufficient.

Statement II : Let labelled price = $100x$

After 5 % discount, => $100x - \frac{5}{100} \times 100x = 608$

=> $100x - 5x = 95x = 608$

=> $x = \frac{608}{95} = 6.4$

$\therefore$ Labelled price = Rs. 640

Statement II is sufficient to find the labelled price

Thus, statement I & III are redundant.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (1+5)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Marked price of an item is Rs 900. On purchase of 2 items discount is 16%, on purchase of 5 items discount is 44%. Raksha buys 7 items, what is the effective discount?

2. Two consecutive discounts x% and y% is equivalent to the discount

3. A dealer of scientific instruments allows 20% discount on the marked price of the instruments and still makes a profit of 25%. If his gain over the sale of an instrument is Rs.150. find the marked price of the instrument.

4. The original price of a TV set is Rs. 6,000. If the price is discounted by 20% and then raised by 10% for service contract, the price charged by the shopkeeper is

5. The difference between a discount of 35% and two successive discounts of 20% on a certain bill was Rs.22. The amount of the bill was

6. The printed price of a book is Rs.320. A retailer pays Rs.244.80 for it. He gets successive discounts of 10% and an another rate. His second rate is :

7. A shopkeeper allows a discount of 10% on the marked price of a camera. Marked price of the camera, which costs him Rs.600, to make a profit of 20% should be

8. A shopkeeper marks his goods 50% more than the cost price and allows a discount of 25%. His profit or loss percentage is

9. Marked price of an item is Rs 300. On purchase of 2 items discount is 24%, on purchase of 5 items discount is 38%. Rachna buys 7 items, what is the effective discount?

10. The cost price of a table is Rs.3.200. A merchant wants to make 25 % profit by selling it. At the time of sale he declares a discount of 20 % on the marked price. The marked price (in Rs.) is