ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In this questions, two sentences I and II are given. Each sentence has blank in it. against each five options are suggested. Out of these, only one fits at both the places in the context of each sentence. Mark the option as your answer.

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 19 | Tags: ibps     | ibps clerk     | ibps clerk 2013     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

In this questions, two sentences I and II are given. Each sentence has blank in it. against each five options are suggested. Out of these, only one fits at both the places in the context of each sentence. Mark the option as your answer.

I. In today?s world parents usually ???. that their children do not talk to them as they are more involved in electronic gadgets and social media.
1). feel
2). defend
3). fight
4). complain

IBPS Books

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

2 vote
Answered by on | Votes 2 |
Solution

Parents are expressing their dissatisfaction to someone else(but not with children) ,so we need to use a negative word . Hence,B is eliminated . C is too broad in nature, as parents never protest against their children. A and D mean the same.But, the sentence is clearly ought to express Parent's dissatisfaction against children ( to someone else)hence,complain is the best fit.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (2+5)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In each of these questions, there are three statements given as (A), (B) and (C). Find out which two or three sentences convey the same meaning. If all the three sentences are different, mark (E) as the answer,i.e., ?None of these??

2. Out of the four alternatives, choose the one which best expresses the meaning of the given word. Propinquity

3. In the following question, a part of the sentence is underlined. Below are given alternatives to the underlined part, which may improve the sentence. Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed, choose the option ‘No improvement’. The man would to have been as brave if his family wasn't threatened by goons that day. A. Wouldn't have been B. Could been  C. Can have been D. Would have been 

4. A sentence/a part of the sentence is underlined. Four alternatives are given to the underlined part which will improve the sentence. Choose the correct alternative and click the button corresponding to it. In case no improvement is needed, click the button corresponding to 'No improvement'.The new book written by Vikram Seth has become very populous .

5. In the following question, a sentence has been given in Active/Passive voice. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Passive/Active voice. The General presented us a detailed battle plan.

6. In the following passage, some of the words have been left out. Read the passage carefully and select the correct answer for the given blank out of the four alternatives. This is the arresting and dominant fact about modern social discussion; that the quarrel is __________ merely about the difficul

7. What is the antonym or opposite of word EXTRAORDINARY

8. During the recent floods two thirds of our city ...... in ruins.

9. In the following question, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct speech. The old man said to me, "Life has taught me some hard lessons."

10. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which is the best substitute of the phrase. A man devoid of kind feeling and sympathy.