ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

Each of the questions below consists of a question and two statements numbered I and H are given below it. You have to decide whether the data provided in the statements are sufficient to answer the question. Read both the statements and ?

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 26 | Tags: ibps     | ibps po     | ibps po 2014     | reasoning     | Add Bounty

Each of the questions below consists of a question and two statements numbered I and H are given below it. You have to decide whether the data provided in the statements are sufficient to answer the question. Read both the statements and ?

Seven people- P, Q, R, S, T, W and X- are sitting in a straight line facing north but
necessarily in the same order. How many people sit to the right of P?
I. R sits at one of the extreme ends of the line. T has as many people sitting on his
right, as to his left.
II. S sits third to the left of X. Q sits to the immediate left of W. Q does not sit at
any of the extreme ends of the line.
1). if the data in Statement I alone are sufficient to answer the question, while the data in Statement II alone are not sufficient to answer the question.
2). if the data in Statement II alone are sufficient to answer the question, while the data in Statement I alone are’ not sufficient to answer the question.
3). if the data in Statement I alone or in Statement II alone are sufficient to answer the question.
4). if the data in both the Statements I and II together are not sufficient to answer the question.

IBPS Books

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

2 answers

2 vote
Answered by on | Votes 2 |
Solution

Clearly, I alone and II alone are insufficient as there is no data about P.

I & II : R sits at one of the extreme ends while Q does not.

T sits in the middle while QW are adjacent in that order.

S sits third to the left of X, => S __ __ X

The only possible pattern is : R S P T X Q W

=> There are 4 people to the right of P.

Thus, I & II together are sufficient.

Join Telegram Group

1 vote
Answered by on | Votes 1 |
Solution

Clearly, I alone and II alone are insufficient as there is no data about P.

I & II : R sits at one of the extreme ends while Q does not.

T sits in the middle while QW are adjacent in that order.

S sits third to the left of X, => S __ __ X

The only possible pattern is : R S P T X Q W

=> There are 4 people to the right of P.

Thus, I & II together are sufficient.

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (5+4)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. The English alphabet is divided into five groups. Each group starts with the vowel and the consonants immediately following that vowel and the consonants immediately following that vowel are included in that group. Thus, the letters A, B, C, D will be in the first group, the letters E, F, G, H will

2. Of the following pricing strategies, is not ideal for new products.

3. In the following passage there are blanks each of which has been numbered.These numbers are printed below the passage and against each five words are suggested one of which fits the blank appropriately Find out the appropriate word in each case.There was once a gardener who (71) care of the King?s g

4. In a certain code language ?they have come back? is written as ?na ja sa da? and ?they have gone there? is written as ?da ka pa na?, How is ?come? written in that code language ?

5. Below is given a passage followed by several possible inferences which can be drawn from the facts stated in the passage You have to examine each inference separately in the context of the passage and decide upon its degree of truth or falsity.Mark answer (a)if the inference is ?definitely true? i,e

6. What is Linux ?

7. Selling ?skills are judged by:

8. 7/5 of 58 + 3/8 of 139.2 = ?

9. Each sentence below has two blanks, each blank indicating that something has been omitted. Choose the set of words for each blank which best fits remaining for the sentence as a whole.

10. There is a Passage given below followed by several possible inferences which can be drawn from the facts stated in the Passage: You have to examine each inference separately in the context of the given Passage and then decide upon its degree of truth or falsity. Mark your answer as---Dangerous rubbi