ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the given passage there are blanks, each of which is numbered. Against each five words are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each case. Once in a town of Shimpola, there lived a rich and cunning money lender called Vidushan. He (1) money to poo

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 57 | Tags: sbi     | sbi clerk     | sbi clerk 15 feburary 2015     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

In the given passage there are blanks, each of which is numbered. Against each five words are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each case. Once in a town of Shimpola, there lived a rich and cunning money lender called Vidushan. He (1) money to poor people and (2) them to give their land. The troubled people went to Subhadhar who (3) to visit their town soon. One morning, a jeweller visited Vidushan with some expensive looking jewellery. When Vidushan asked for its price, the jeweller said it was worth a handful grain. He also said if you are (4), to give me a grain, give me a thousand gold coins and return the poor people?s land as well. Greedy Vidushan was very (5). He gave the jeweller a handful of grains. The jeweller (6) to take it and took him to court. A There per hre he the (7) judge, ?My Lord, had asked him for a single grain that was the (8) of a full hand and he gave me a handful of eil he should pay me a thousand of gold coins and return the poor people?s land to them.? The Judge (9) and adjudged the case in his (10). The jeweller was actually Subhadhar and he had helped poor get their land back.

(3)
1). said
2). assuring
3). promise
4). guarantee

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

0 vote
Answered by on | Votes 0 |

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (4+1)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In the following question, a word has been written in four different ways out of which only one is correctly spelt. Select the correctly spelt word.

2. Directions : In each of the following questions, a short passage is given with one of the lines in the passage missing and represented by a blank. Select the best out of the five answer choices given, to make the passage complete and coherent.

3. Read the passage given below and then answer the questions given below the passage. Some words may be highlighted for your attention. Read carefully. A state of emergency can be directly imposed or it can creep up on you in unexpected ways. Following the Narendra Modi government’s decision to

4. What is the Indirect/Direct form of - The commander said to the army. " March forward " .

5. Pick out the most effective pair of words from the given pair of words to make the sentence/sentences meaningfully complete.

6. Fill in the blank with the correct word. The party president was accused of _____ with the businessmen. 

7. In the following question out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the Phrase/Idiom. Hit the nail on the head 

8. Read the following passage carefully and answer the question given below it. Certain words/phrases have been printed in bold to help you locate them while answering some of the questions.Despite the economic crunch worldwide that saw pulverization of some of the largest banking and finance giants, I

9. In the following question, some part of the sentence may have errors. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and select the appropriate option. If a sentence is free from error, select 'No error'. Rohit is two year (1) / junior than Mukesh (2) / in the office. (3) / No Error (4)

10. Balu ........ in several other States when he decided to work in Kolkata.