ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

Read the following passage and answer the questions based on it. My only work is to give you a clear-cut idea how you can become more conscious; I call it meditation. Working. walking, sitting. . . . I don’t believe what others call meditation; that for ten minutes or 20 minutes you do it and

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 23 | Tags: dsssb     | dsssb year     | dsssb pgt mathemetics     | english comprehension     | dsssb previous year     | Add Bounty

Read the following passage and answer the questions based on it.
My only work is to give you a clear-cut idea how you can become more
conscious; I call it meditation. Working. walking, sitting. . . . I don’t
believe what others call meditation; that for ten minutes or 20 minutes you
do it and then just be your ordinary self for 24 hours and again meditate
for 20 minutes. It is like asking a person to breathe every day for 20
minutes and then forget all about it. because the person has to do many
other things! And then next day she/he can breathe again in the morning!
To me meditation is exactly like breathing. So whatsoever you are doing
and wherever you are, do it more consciously.
Just try for few minutes to walk consciously; be alert at each step and you
will be surprised that the quality of your walk is totally different. It is
relaxed. There is no tension and there is a subtle joy that is arising out of
your relaxed walking. And the more you become aware of this joy, the
more you would like to be awake.
Eat with awareness. Thirty million people in America are suffering from
overeating. Strange world we are living in; men are dying every day in
Ethiopia because they don’t have food, and millions are dying in .America
because they have too much food. These people who are suffering from
obesity cannot resist eating. No doctor is going to help them, unless they
become aware, while they are eating. They have to be aware that a man of
awareness eats only as much as his body needs. He immediately feels that
now there is no need, the hunger is gone, he is content.
Choose the most suitable option to answer the
question given below.
What is the irony of life mentioned bv the writer?
1). Many people are dying in Ethiopia
2). Many Americans are dying due to overeating
3). Awareness is essential but it has no effect
4). While some people die of hunger, others die of
overeating

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

DSSSB Facebook Group | Join DSSSB Telegram Group

1 answers

0 vote
Answered by on | Votes 0 |
NA

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (1+1)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In the question below, a part of the sentence is underlined. Below are given alternatives to the underlined part which may improve the sentence. Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed choose 'No improvement'. Nowadays the life stresses are so great that children would rather live alone than put being with  their aged and cranky parents.

2. It was not the first A. I found them sitting in the B. or the second time that C. verandah and chatting merrily

3. In the following question, a blank is given. From the given four options, a combination of words would fit the blank; making it grammatically and contextually correct. Mark that alternative as the answer. Barney continued his work in his yard, much to the _______ of his landlords. A) Dismay B) Chagrin C) Disturb D) Merry

4. In this question, a part of the sentence is given in bold. Below are given alternatives to the bold part at 1, 2 and 3 which may improve the sentence.Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed your answer is (4).She prefers tea than coffee.

5. In a sentence has been given in Active/Passive Voice. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Passive/Active Voice. An i-pod has been bought by Anubhav’s mother.

6. In each question below four words which are A,B,C and D have been printed in bold of which one word may be wrongly spelt or inappropriate in the context of the statement. The number of that word is the answer. If all the four words are correctly spelt mark E i,e ?All Correct? as the answer.

7. Mrs. Roy keeps an open house on Saturday evening parties ? you'll find all kinds of people there.

8. A passage is given with 5 questions following it. Read the passage carefully and choose the best answer to each question out of the four alternatives. Genetic variation is the cornerstone of evolution, without which there can be no natural selection, and so a low genetic diversity decreases the abil

9. What is the synonym of word .repeated

10. Below, a passage is given with eight blanks labelled (A)-(J). Below the passage, five options are given for each blank. Choose the word that fits each blank most appropriately in the context of the passage, and mark the corresponding answer. Three days after India declared its __ (A) __ &