ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions given below. PASSAGE Meena says that all of her friends have a cell phone, but Mee- na's mom dosen’t want to buy her one. Meena's mom dosen't want Meena to play video games either. What is more, the Internet scares her

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 41 | Tags: dsssb     | dsssb 2013     | dsssb primary teacher exam     | english comprehension     | dsssb previous year     | Add Bounty

Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions given below.
PASSAGE
Meena says that all of her friends have a cell phone, but Mee- na's mom dosen’t want to buy her one. Meena's mom dosen't want Meena to play video games either. What is more, the Internet scares her. Meena’s mom says, “If Meena has a cell phone, how do we know whom she is talking to? Video games are bad for you. The Internet is dangerous and uncontrolled. It's like having a gun In the house. We should just ban her from using the computer, and I’m not buying her a cell phone until she is eighteen. This is the only way we can be sure that Meena is safe."
Meena’s dad disagrees with Meena's mom. Although he agrees that there are some dangers to it, he likes the Internet, and finds it to be very useful. “The trouble is , he says, “WeJust can't stop Meenafrom using the Internet, as this would put her at a disadvantage. What is more, I like video games. I think that, when played in moderation they are fun. Obviously, it is not good to play them without restraint or self-control. Finally, I think Meena needs a cellphone. We can’t take these things away."

Which of the following best describes the difference between Meena’s mom and Meena's dad?

1). Mom wants to ban Meena from using the computer, while dad likes to play video games.
2). Mom thinks technology is dangerous, while dad thinks it can be useful.
3). Mom cares, little about Meena’s future, while dad is very supportive.
4). Mom is very strict while dad is open minded

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

DSSSB Facebook Group | Join DSSSB Telegram Group

1 answers

-1 vote
Answered by on | Votes -1 |
option 2 : seems correct

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (2+5)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Which of the following is the correctly spelt word?

2. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the idiom/phrase.Ignorance is bliss

3. The Principal called ........... an explanation from the clerks.

4. Rearrange that following six sentences/ group of sentences/( I ), (2), (3), (4), (5) and (6) in the proper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph; then answer the questions given below them.1. The merchant greadily counted his gold and said, ?The purse I dropped had 200 pieces of gold in it. You?ve

5. Read the following passage to answer the given question based on it. Some words/phrases are printed in bold to help you locate them while answering some of the questions.Organized retail has ?fuelled? new growth categories like liquid hand wash, breakfast cereals and pet foods in the consumer goods

6. Tables are usually made ............ wood.

7. In the following questions, a sentence/part of the sentence is printed in bold. Below are given alternatives to the bold sentence/part of the sentence at a:, b: c: and d: which may improve the sentence. Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed, your answer is e:.

8. What is the antonym or opposite of word Callous

9. What is the antonym or opposite of word Inevitable

10. In the following question, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct speech. Manoj said to his friend, "I am very angry with you."