ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the word similar in meaning to the wordt given. Subtle

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 23 | Tags: synonyms or antonyms     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the word similar in meaning to the wordt given.

Subtle

1). Harsh
2). Open
3). Ignorant
4). Understated

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

3 vote
Answered by on | Votes 3 |

Harsh means unpleasantly rough or jarring to the senses.

Open means allowing access.

Ignorant means lacking knowledge or awareness in general.

Understated means to represent something as being smaller or less good or important than it really is.

Subtle means something which is very delicate or precise which is difficult to analyse or describe.  So, the word understated is the right option as it is similar to the word subtle.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (1+4)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. It was a red letter day in the history of the world

2. (1) Agriculture (P) cotton for our clothes (Q) raw materials like jute (R) and sugarcane for our industries (S) gives us food (6) and food for cattle

3. The unstated assumption is X-conceding spatial autonomy  Y-that the grant of a different time  Z-zone is only the first temporal step towards

4. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.The company have (1)/ thou sands of customers (2)/ happy with its service. (3)/ No error (4).

5. In the following passage there are blanks each of which has been numbered.These numbers are printed below the passage and against each five words are suggested one of which fits the blank appropriately Find out the appropriate word in each case.There was once a gardener who (71) care of the King?s g

6. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the word opposite in meaning to the word given. Incapacitate

7. The sentence given with blank is to be filled with an appropriate word. Four alternatives are suggested for each question. Choose the correct alternative and click the button corresponding to it. The fact that the celebrity was behind the rumors was _______ to his followers.

8. What is the antonym or opposite of word APPRECIATION

9. In each question below is given a statement followed by two assumptions numbered I and II An assumption is something supposed or taken for granted You have to consider the statement and the following assumptions is implicit in the statement.Give answer (a)if only assumption I is implicitGive answer (b)if only assumption II is implicit Give answer (c)if either I or II is implicit Give answer (d)if neither I nor II is implicit Give answer (e)if both I and II are implicit

10. In the following passage, some of the words have been left out. Read the passage carefully and select the correct answer for the given blank out of the four alternatives. But more often than not, especially in a crowded metropolis, _________ you come across are wandering pedlars and small hawking