ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

A sentence has been given in Active/Passive Voice. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Passive/Active Voice. I wasted the whole time.

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 26 | Tags: active and passive voice     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

A sentence has been given in Active/Passive Voice. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Passive/Active Voice.

I wasted the whole time.

1). ​The whole time had been wasted by me.
2). ​The whole time has been wasted by me.
3). The whole time was wasted by me.
4). The whole time was being wasted by me.

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

3 vote
Answered by on | Votes 3 |

The sentence is in active voice where the verb expresses the action of subject upon object. Thus to convert it into passive voice:$

Object + Helping Verb + Verb 3rd Form + By + Subject$

The object 'time' should be written before the subject 'I' . The tense is simple past so the rule is:$

Active voice: Subject+V2+Object

Passive Voice: Object +was/were+V3+by+Subject

Thus option 3 is the correct answer.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (3+4)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. What is the antonym or opposite of word AMBIGUOUS

2. What is the correct alternative of - When no individual is responsible there are no sense of responsibility.

3. In each question below a sentence with four words printed in bold type given. These are (A),(B),(C)and (D). One of these four words printed in bold may be either wrongly spelt or in appropriate in the context of the sentence. Find out the word which is wrongly spelt or inappropriate, if any. The number of the word is your answer. If all the words printed in bold are correctly spelt and also appropriate in the context of the sentence, mark (E) i.e ?All Correct? as your answer

4. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which is the best substitute of the phrase.deserving reward or praise

5. Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions given below it. Certain words are printed in bold to help you to locate them while answering some of the questions.A large majority of the poor in India are outside the formal banking system. The policy of financial inclusion sets out to

6. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the word opposite in meaning to the word given. Rebate

7. In the following question, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct speech. The clerk said, "What can I do for you?"

8. In this question, a part of the sentence is given in bold. Below are given alternatives to the bold part at 1, 2 and 3 which may improve the sentence.Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed your answer is (4).The greatest fear which is scaring of the world today is global warming.

9. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the word opposite in meaning to the word given. To filch

10. Arrange the sentences in a chronological order such that they form a proper passage. Sentence D is the first statement and F is the fourth statement. A.But a Chinese takeover of a port in neighboring Sri Lanka and problems in several other countries have led to fears the initiative is a debt trap t