ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following question, four words are given out of which one word is incorrectly spelt. Find the incorrectly spelt word.

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 18 | Tags: spellings     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

In the following question, four words are given out of which one word is incorrectly spelt. Find the incorrectly spelt word.
1). Obtuse
2). Abstuse
3). Obliterate
4). Obfuscate

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

2 vote
Answered by on | Votes 2 |

Obtuse means annoyingly insensitive or slow to understand. To obliterate is to totally destroy. To obfuscate is to make something unclear.$

Out of the given options, only 'abstuse'$ is spelt incorrectly. Its correct spelling should be 'abstruse$, which means difficult to understand; obscure.$

e.g. To my questions, she would always give abstruse answers.

Therefore, the correct answer is option 2.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (1+4)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.I am trying to finish this letter for the last one hour. (A)/ I wish you would (B)/ go away or stop disturbing me. (C)/ No error (D)

2. In the following passage, some of the words have been left out. Read the passage carefully and select the correct answer for the given blank out of the four alternatives. This was enough ___________ the book store-owner-turned librarian Husain to asses its valuable contents. 'The preface of the book

3. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which is the best substitute of the phrase.to resolve a sentence into its component parts and describe their syntactic roles

4. What is the synonym of word .Insensitive

5. Directions: In the following passage there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each, five words/ phrases are suggested, on of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word/ phrase in each case.Greenhouse gases are o

6. Read the sentence to find out whether there is any error in it or not. The error, if any, will be in TWO parts of the sentence. The number of that part is the answer. If there is no error, the answer is (5). Ignore errors of punctuation, if any.   Heaviness in the air was (A) clearly obvious being the forensics (B) department has cleaned the room (C) for evidence and other official duties (D).

7. Read each of the following sentences to find out whether there is any grammatical mistake/error in it. The error, if any, will be in one part of the sentence. The number of the part with the error is your answer. If there is no error, mark `No Error? as your answer. Ignore the errors of punctuation, ifany.

8. What is the Indirect/Direct form of - "Are you ready Raju " Mother asked.

9. The present manner of delimitation has been done in gerry mandering way .

10. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.I wish I am (1)/ the richest person (2)/ in the whole wide world (3)/ No error (4).