ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

P, Q and R did a work for which they received a total of Rs. 30000. P works twice as fast as Q. Q and R together can finish a work together in one third of the time in which Q finishes the work alone. What will be the share that Q receives?

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 73 | Tags: time and work     | numerical ability     | Add Bounty

P, Q and R did a work for which they received a total of Rs. 30000. P works twice as fast as Q. Q and R together can finish a work together in one third of the time in which Q finishes the work alone. What will be the share that Q receives?

1). Rs. 3000
2). Rs. 4500
3). Rs. 6000
4). Rs. 7200

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

0 vote
Answered by on | Votes 0 |

Let the efficiency Q be T.

P works twice as fast as Q.

⇒ Efficiency of P = 2T

Also, Q and R together can finish a work together in one third of the time in which Q finishes the work alone.

⇒ Efficiency of Q + Efficiency of R = 3 × Efficiency of Q

⇒ Efficiency of R = 2 × Efficiency of Q = 2T

We know, share of a person is proportional to his efficiency.

⇒ Share of Q = (Efficiency of Q/Sum of efficiencies of P, Q and R) × Rs. 30000

⇒ Share of Q = T/(2T + T + 2T) × Rs. 30000 = Rs. 6000

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (5+1)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Direction: Mohit Bhola must travel from Delhi to Mumbai covering 2600 km. He covers 1/52 fraction of distance by Auto rickshaw and 3.84% of distance by car. The remaining distance he covers via Train. The cost of travel by auto rickshaw and car is decided by the number of kilometres he covers. The c

2. A boat travels upstream at a speed of 20 km/hr. and returns back by covering the same distance. If the average speed of the boat for the total journey is 27.5 km/hr., what is the speed of the stream?

3. The distance between Kurla and Bandra is 25 km. Two cars start trotting towards each other, one from Kurla and another from Bandra. The speed of the slower car is ___ km/h. They cross each other after one hour and the 1st car reaches Bandra, 5/6 hour before the 2nd car reaches Kurla.

4. In a group of 24 people, the average number of their twitter followers is 36. Out of these, the first 12 people have on an average 15 followers. The average number of twitter followers for the remaining people is:

5. A 320 metre long train crosses a platform thrice its length in 40 seconds. What is the speed of train in km per hour?

6. Directions: In each of these questions, two equations (I) and (II) are given. You have to solve both the equations and give answer I. 20x2 + 27x + 9 = 0 II. 6y2 + 29y + 35 = 0

7. What should come in place of question mark (?) in the following question? 15083 + 25% of ? + 289 = 16385.5

8. What should come in place of question mark ‘?’ in the following series? 1, 6, 27, 108, ?

9. In the given question, two equations numbered l and II are given. You have to solve both the equations and mark the appropriate answer I. a2 - 61a + 424 = 0 II. b2 + 54b + 53 = 0

10. Directions: In the following questions two equations numbered I and II are given. You have to solve both the equations and Give answer: I. x2 - 5x + 6 = 0 II. y2 - 5y - 6 = 0