ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following question, an idiomatic expression or a proverb is highlighted. Select the alternative which best describes its use in the sentence. I never got the big promotion and have been playing second fiddle ever since.

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 20 | Tags: vocabulary     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

In the following question, an idiomatic expression or a proverb is highlighted. Select the alternative which best describes its use in the sentence.

I never got the big promotion and have been playing second fiddle ever since.

1). To be happy, cherish and healthy
2). To have a subordinate, lesser, or smaller role, position
3). To cheat someone
4). To play a literary role

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

2 vote
Answered by on | Votes 2 |

Correct option - 2

The meaning of above given bold idiom is to play a supporting or minor role in relation to someone else; a subordinate. Thus, option 2 is the correct answer.$

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (2+4)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.

(A) The teacher said, 'Years /(B) ago, it believed /(C) that the earth /(D) was flat'./(E) No Error.

2. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which is the best substitute of the phrase.An achievement or something desired fail to be attained by someone

3. What is the Indirect/Direct form of - She yelled," Please help me."

4. What is the Indirect/Direct form of - Rahul said , " I will do it now or never" .

5. In this questions, two sentences I and II are given. Each sentence has blank in it. against each five options are suggested. Out of these, only one fits at both the places in the context of each sentence. Mark the option as your answer.

6. Read each sentence to find out whether there is any grammatical error in it. The en-or, if any, will be in one part of the sentence. The number of that part is the answer. If there is no error, the answer is e: i.e. ?No Error. (Ignore the errors of punctuation, if any).

7. Among the following items given which is/are needed to be added to get net cash from operating activities while preparing Cash Flow Statement? I. Increase in current liabilities II. Decrease in current liabilitie s III. Increase in current assets IV. Income tax paid

8. Hand and glove

9. In the following questions a sentence has been given in Active Voice / Passive Voice. Out of the four alternatives suggested , select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Passive/Active Voice.    They are building a house next door to our school .   

10. A passage is given with 5 questions following it. Read the passage carefully and choose the best answer to each There is a time in every man's education when he arrives at the conviction that envy is ignorance? that imitation is suicide? that he must take himself for better, for worse, as his portio