ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

Find out which part of a sentence has an error.

(A) Two of my intimate friends /(B) called on me /(C) on yesterday when I was /(D) away from home. /(E) No Error.

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 272 | Tags: english     | spotting errors     | english comprehension     | ssc     | Add Bounty

Find out which part of a sentence has an error.

(A) Two of my intimate friends /(B) called on me /(C) on yesterday when I was /(D) away from home. /(E) No Error.
1). A
2). B
3). C
4). D

SSC CGL Books

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

7 vote
Answered by on | Votes 7 |
B : option 3 is the correct answer

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (2+1)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Read the following passage to answer the given question based on it. Some words/phrases are printed in bold to help you locate them while answering some of the questions.Organized retail has ?fuelled? new growth categories like liquid hand wash, breakfast cereals and pet foods in the consumer goods

2. Improve the bracketed part of the sentence. After a long (period of) despair, she won the title.

3. Read the passage given below and answer the questions given below the passage. The elections this time are unusual, even unprecedentedly so, for they are not about how India chooses but about what India is about. For those many who want the present government back, the coming elections are a nation

4. The question below consists of a set of labelled sentences. These sentences, when properly sequenced form a coherent paragraph. Select the most logical order of sentences from among the options. P: There was once a time when people looked forward to the lazy evenings. Q:They had a simple choice

5. In the following passage, some of the words have been left out. Read the passage carefully and select the correct answer for the given blank out of the four alternatives. Violence takes a heavy toll and affects public life ______. High or low, known or unknown, rich or poor, popular or unpopular,

6. In the following question, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct speech.Nisha said to Swati, ' Will you help me in my project just now?'

7. Each question below has two blanks, each blank indicating that something has been omitted. Choose the set of words for each blank that best fits the meaning of the sentence as a whole.

8. In the following question, some parts of the sentence may contain an error. Find out which part of the sentence does not have an error and click the option corresponding to it. If you think all the parts contain an error, mark option 5, i.e. ‘None of these’ as your answer choice. Shooter Apurvi Chandela and Ravi Kumar (A)/ opened Indias medal tally at the (B)/ 2018 Asian Games by winning bronze on the (C)/ final of the 10m Air Rifle mixed team event. (D)

9. Read the passage given below and then answer the questions given below the passage. Some words may be highlighted for your attention. Read carefully. Lake Victoria is one of the African greatest lakes. The lake was named after Queen Victoria by the explorer John Hanning Speke, the fi

10. - Improve the bracketed part of the sentence. (The surprise about the India vote) was not because it fell out of line with the country’s foreign policy as we know.