ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

Two sentences are given below, each with a missing blank. Out of the given options, pick one word that fits both the blanks. (i) It’s a positive trend, but there is speculation there is a _______ of elephants to kill in many areas. (ii) There is a _______ of direction as it relates to how to talk about things.

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 25 | Tags: vocabulary     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

Two sentences are given below, each with a missing blank. Out of the given options, pick one word that fits both the blanks.

(i) It’s a positive trend, but there is speculation there is a _______ of elephants to kill in many areas.

(ii) There is a _______ of direction as it relates to how to talk about things.

1). Herd
2). Myth 
3). Dearth 
4). Plethora

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

2 vote
Answered by on | Votes 2 |

Out of the given options, the only word that matches the context of both the sentences is 'dearth', which means 'scarcity'.$ Hence, the third option will be the correct answer.

Note:

The meanings of the other words are:

1. Herd: A large group of animals

2. Myth: Folktale

3. Plethora: A large amount of something 

4. Group: A community 

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (1+2)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In this question, a part of the sentence is given in bold. Below are given alternatives to the bold part at 1, 2 and 3 which may improve the sentence.Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed your answer is (4).The two brothers shared the property beside themselves.

2. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.The officer (1)/ is angry on the clerk (2)/ for not attending to the work. (3)/ No error (4).

3. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which is the best substitute of the phrase.to treat with cruelty or violence

4. Improve the bracketed part of the sentence. (Until a long wait), she bought her first car.

5. 1. The next morning I found myself somewhat refreshed but very hungry . P. I asked him to let me help unload the vessel, Q.I noticed 1 was near a large ship R. I went at once to the captain. S. It was unloading a cargo of pig iron . 6. I wanted to earn money for food.

6. In the following question, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct speech. My neighbour said, "I bought a new car last week

7. Find out the misspelt word

8. Read the following passage and answer the questions given below it. Certain words/phrases in the passage have been printed in bold to help you locate them while answering some of the questions.Marc Rodin flicked-off the switch of his transistor radio and rose from the table, leaving the breakfast tr

9. Read the passage given below and then answer the questions given below the passage. Some words may be highlighted for your attention. Read carefully. The Supreme Court’s decision to lay down stringent “safeguards” in the enforcement of the Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes

10. A passage is given with 5 questions following it. Read the passage carefully and choose the best answer to each question out of the four alternatives and click the button corresponding to it.Man's attitude to various animals changed many times in the course of centuries. From indifference or practic