ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

Select the most appropriate option, out of the five options given for the following sentence, which in your view, should be grammatically and structurally correct. Please note that the meaning and the context of the sentence must not change.  I had chosen to call the Mahatma a critical insider for good reason.

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 19 | Tags: grammar     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

Select the most appropriate option, out of the five options given for the following sentence, which in your view, should be grammatically and structurally correct. Please note that the meaning and the context of the sentence must not change. 

I had chosen to call the Mahatma a critical insider for good reason.

1). I have chose to call the Mahatma a critical insider for good reason.
2). I had chose to call the Mahatma a critical insider for good reason.
3). I have chosen to call the Mahatma a critical insider for good reason.
4). I had chosen to call Mahatma a critical insider for good reason.

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

0 vote
Answered by on | Votes 0 |

The correct answer is option 3.

The reading of the sentence tells us that the sentence is in the future tense. Thus, the use of the word 'had' is incorrect and needs to be corrected.

Option 1 is incorrect because the phrase 'have chose' is grammatically incorrect.

Option 2 is incorrect because 'had chose' is grammatically incorrect.

Option 4 is incorrect because the article 'the' is missing before 'Mahatama'.

Option 5 is incorrect because the phrase 'from good reason' is incorrect and does not fit the context of the sentence.

This leaves us with option 3 to be the only correct answer.

Therefore, option 3, i.e., 'I have chosen to call the Mahatma a critical insider for good reason' is the correct answer.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (2+1)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. What is the active/passive of - A fresh batch of eggs was collected by the farmer's wife.

2. In the given passage there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. Against each five words are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each case.If China?s state owned commercial banks seem burdened by bad debts, the country?s rural financial secto

3. People used to preserve A-companionship in absentia  B- letters for years as these humble pieces  C- of paper afforded

4. The whole class was  A. relieved to know that B. to the next week C. the test had been postponed

5. What is the Indirect/Direct form of - Bill said , 'I am here to help you all."

6. Read the passage given below and then answer the questions given below the passage. Some words/parts may be highlighted for your attention. President Donald Trump’s decision to pull U.S. troops out of Syria has predictably upset both the Washington establishment and America’s global all

7. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.I saw him (l)/a couple of time (2)/ since May(3). No error (4)

8. What is the substitute of - One who walks on ropes—

9. What is the active/passive of - The growing population problem will be discussed at the conference.

10. In each question below a sentence with four words printed in bold type is given . These are numbered as a, b, c and d. One of these four words printed in bold may be either wrongly spelt or inappropriate in the context of the sentence. Find out the word, which is wrongly spelt or inappropriate, if any. The number of the word is your answer. If all the words printed in bold are correctly spelt and also appropriate in the context of the sentence, mark e: i.e. ?All correct? as your answer.