ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which is the best substitute of the phrase. Lacking physical strength due to illness or old age

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 25 | Tags: one word substitution     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which is the best substitute of the phrase.

Lacking physical strength due to illness or old age

1). Fickle
2). Turgid
3). Vile
4). Feeble

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

2 vote
Answered by on | Votes 2 |

Fickle means indecisive. Turgid means swollen. Vile means bad.

The only word that gives the intended meaning is Feeble.$

e.g. The old woman could not keep her feeble hands steady.

Therefore, the correct answer is option 4.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (2+4)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Fill in the blank with the correct word.    Since there was a _________ of power, military power was called into the state to restore order.

2. In each question below is given a statement followed by two assumptions numbered I and II An assumption is something supposed or taken for granted You have to consider the statement and the following assumptions is implicit in the statement.Give answer (a)if only assumption I is implicitGive answer (b)if only assumption II is implicit Give answer (c)if either I or II is implicit Give answer (d)if neither I nor II is implicit Give answer (e)if both I and II are implicit

3. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which is the best substitute of the phrase. ​A person who deliberately sets fire to a building

4. In this question, a part of the sentence is given in bold. Below are given alternatives to the bold part at 1, 2 and 3 which may improve the sentence.Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed your answer is (4).The servant was disturbed as her son was now out of sight due to bad company.

5. In the question below, a part of the sentence is underlined. Below are given alternatives to the underlined part which may improve the sentence. Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed, choose 'No improvement.' Since insurance operates through pooling resources, the majority of insurance policies are provided for individual members of large classes.

6. A word is given below followed by three sentences which consist that word. Identify the sentence/s which best expresses the meaning of the word.  COMPRISE A. The military and historical works in this library comprise the wars of Julius Caesar, Turenne, and Frederick the Great.

7. A passage is given with 5 questions following it.Read the passage carefully and choose the best answer to each question out of the four alternatives and click the button corresponding to it. My worries were increasing.The boy at the shop was becoming more clamorous.My sales were poor,as the railways

8. Each sentence given below has a blank indicating that something has been omitted. Choose the word that best suits the meaning of the sentence as a whole.

9. A passage is given with 5 questions following it. Read the passage carefully and choose the best answer to each question out of the four alternatives. But before I could be inspired by these amazing people, I had to cleanse my feed. I know my weaknesses: just last week, Facebook memories reminded m

10. The question below consists of a set of labelled sentences. Out of the five options given, select the most logical order to form a coherent paragraph / sentence. 1. In sustainable development,     P. try to conserve Q. we should R. as much S. as we try 6. to obtain from nature