ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

A passage is given with five questions following it. Read the passage carefully and select the best answer to each question out of the given four alternatives. The saddest part of life lies not in the act of dying, but in failing to truly live while we are alive. Too many of us play small with our

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 23 | Tags: ssc     | ssc cgl     | ssc cgl tier 2     | ssc cgl 2017     | ssc cgl 13 04 2018     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

A passage is given with five questions following it. Read the passage carefully and select the best answer to each question out of the given four alternatives. The saddest part of life lies not in the act of dying, but in failing to truly live while we are alive. Too many of us play small with our lives, never letting the fullness of our humanity see the light of day. I’ve learned that what really counts in life, in the end, is not how many toys we have collected or how much money we’ve accumulated, but how many of our talents we have liberated and used for a purpose that adds value to this world. What truly matters most are the lives we have touched and the legacy that we have left. Tolstoy put it so well when he wrote: “We live for ourselves only when we live for others.” It took me forty years to discover this simple point of wisdom. Forty long years to discover that success cannot really be pursued. Success ensues and flows into your life as the unintended yet inevitable byproduct of a life spent enriching the lives of other people. When you shift your daily focus from a compulsion to survive towards a lifelong commitment to serve, your existence cannot help but explode into success. I still can’t believe that I had to wait until the “half-time” of my life to figure out that true fulfillment as a human being comes not from achieving those grand gestures that put us on the front pages of the newspapers and business magazines, but instead from those basic and incremental acts of decency that each one of us has the privilege to practice each and every day if we simply make the choice to do so. Mother Teresa, a great leader of human hearts if ever there was one, said it best: “There are no great acts, only small acts done with great love.” I learned this the hard way in my life. Until recently, I had been so busy striving, I had missed out on living. I was so busy chasing life’s big pleasures that I had missed out on the little ones, those micro joys that weave themselves in and out of our lives on a daily basis but often go unnoticed. My days were overscheduled, my mind was overworked and my spirit was underfed. What according to the passage is success?
1). Succes s cannot be pursued.
2). Success is an unintended ye t inevitable byproduct of a life spent enriching the lives of others..
3). Success is true fulfillment.
4). Success is incremental act of decency

SSC CGL Books

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

3 vote
Answered by on | Votes 3 |
NA

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (5+1)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In the following passage there are blanks each of which has been numbered These numbers are printed below the passage and against each five words are suggested one of which fits the blank appropriately Find out the appropriate word in each case Today the economies of African countries are growing at

2. What is the synonym of word .ABSTAIN

3. What is the correct alternative of - We have so scheduled the event and one of us is always there to answer their queries.

4. Read the following passage carefully and choose the most appropriate answer to the question out of the five alternatives. Facebook’s data policy has come under fire after it emerged that more than 50 million users’ information was open to political exploitation. Facebook announced on We

5. In the following question, an idiomatic expression or a proverb is highlighted. Select the alternative which best describes its use in the sentence. I hope I have not missed the boat and can still try to get in.

6. Improve the bracketed part of the sentence. Yasmin wanted to have her own say in the (home-related) affairs.

7. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the idiom/phrase.All good things must come to an end

8. To fight tooth and nail

9. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which is the best substitute of the phrase.An organization set up to provide help and raise money for those in need.

10. What is the synonym of word .Genuine